2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL You guys are still talking about this nonsense?  No chance that the Raiders trade up and draft Murray or draft him at all... Zero.  Trading up to one would be the most stupid this this franchise has done since drafting DHB in the top 10.  That isn't a direct knock on Murray but like I have said a million times Carr is not the problem with this team.  

Mayock is putting out smoke signals that he is in love with Murray which is the smart play.  I would do the exact same thing if I was a GM while telling Carr on the side he has nothing to worry about but to keep his mouth shut. 

It gives all the talking head shills zero clue as to what we are really planning by spreading false information.  If Murray somehow slips to 4 that plays perfectly into our hand for a trade down.  Someone would give up 3 first round picks to move up to 4 and take Murray especially if teams think we're in love with him and we could potentially draft him ourselves.  

Im not putting anything past Gruden and Mayock at this point.

It is a fact that we cut our back up QB one day after Kyler Murray pro day and have a scheduled a private visit/workout with all top QB prospects keeps it alive. Whether for evaluation or smokescreen we dont know.

This team is only committed to Carr for right now the 19' season. Thats it. 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Im not putting anything past Gruden and Mayock at this point.

It is a fact that we cut our back up QB one day after Kyler Murray pro day and have a scheduled a private visit/workout with all top QB prospects keeps it alive. Whether for evaluation or smokescreen we dont know.

This team is only committed to Carr for right now the 19' season. Thats it. 

With so many holes to fill, the obvious bromance between AB and Carr (which having Carr as his QB was obviously discussed before his trade here), the verbal endorsement from Mayock saying that Carr is a franchise QB, spending the 4th pick on Murray would be flat out stupid and anyone still talking about this being a possibility needs to have their head examined.  

You guys seriously have zero ability to critically think, it's truly fascinating to listen to some of the nonsense that people read and believe. 

Let's say that Mayock drafts Murray, trades Carr, passes up on an elite D player on a team so devoid of talent and Murray is a bust, Mayock will be the laughing stock of the NFL and will never have a job as a GM again for making such a ridiculous mistake.  Mayock will be forever tied to Murray for good and for bad.  If he trades Carr he will also be tied to Carr as well, for good and for bad.  

You people have no idea how difficult it is to find a competent NFL QB.  We have a top 10 building block QB on our team, are finally giving him some weapons to flourish and you want to spend our top pick on a 5'10 QB with 1 year of starting experience under his belt and cast off Carr, totally clueless.  Mayock would never take this risk and anyone who believes he would needs to go back to GM and football 101 LOL

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

With so many holes to fill, the obvious bromance between AB and Carr (which having Carr as his QB was obviously discussed before his trade here), the verbal endorsement from Mayock saying that Carr is a franchise QB, spending the 4th pick on Murray would be flat out stupid and anyone still talking about this being a possibility needs to have their head examined.  

You guys seriously have zero ability to critically think, it's truly fascinating to listen to some of the nonsense that people read and believe. 

Let's say that Mayock drafts Murray, trades Carr, passes up on an elite D player on a team so devoid of talent and Murray is a bust, Mayock will be the laughing stock of the NFL and will never have a job as a GM again for making such a ridiculous mistake.  Mayock will be forever tied to Murray for good and for bad.  If he trades Carr he will also be tied to Carr as well, for good and for bad.  

You people have no idea how difficult it is to find a competent NFL QB.  We have a top 10 building block QB on our team, are finally giving him some weapons to flourish and you want to spend our top pick on a 5'10 QB with 1 year of starting experience under his belt and cast off Carr, totally clueless.  Mayock would never take this risk and anyone who believes he would needs to go back to GM and football 101 LOL

You're making a lot of assumptions and what if scenarios that are in favor of your opinion. What if the complete opposite happens and Murray is a break out star and the top dline prospects end up like other previous D-line top #2 or #3 prospects drafted in the top 10(Solomon Thomas, Leonard Williams, Dante Fowler, Deforest Buckner). Those guys arent busts but just above average players to good players not necessarily all-pros.

We do not have as many holes anymiore as we did a week ago and it is possible we feel like we can cover out needs at 24, 27 and 35.

Anything is possible until draft day

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You're making a lot of assumptions and what if scenarios that are in favor of your opinion. What if the complete opposite happens and Murray is a break out star and the top dline prospects end up like other previous D-line top #2 or #3 prospects drafted in the top 10(Solomon Thomas, Leonard Williams, Dante Fowler, Deforest Buckner). Those guys arent busts but just above average players to good players not necessarily all-pros.

We do not have as many holes anymiore as we did a week ago and it is possible we feel like we can cover out needs at 24, 27 and 35.

Anything is possible until draft day

Murray is going to suck in the NFL though, dude is a 2nd round developmental prospect. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Murray is going to suck in the NFL though, dude is a 2nd round developmental prospect. 

You keep saying this but you offer nothing as evidenced to the fact. He's clearly a fantastic passer. Great deep ball, Good touch And a live arm. He's also an A+ athlete.

Literally the only thing he isn't as tall. If he was 6 foot plus, No question he's the number one pickIn this draft. He has literally all the skills for the position You want

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You keep saying this but you offer nothing as evidenced to the fact. He's clearly a fantastic passer. Great deep ball, Good touch And a live arm. He's also an A+ athlete.

Literally the only thing he isn't as tall. If he was 6 foot plus, No question he's the number one pickIn this draft. He has literally all the skills for the position You want

He sucked at A&M but put up numbers in the Big XII playing with an elite OL and with elite weapons around him. How many QBs have been good for 1 year in college and went on to NFL success? The only two in recent memory are Cam Newton and Mitchell Tribusky (questionable) but other than that almost every successful QB was good for multiple years in college. We've seen players like Blake Bell and Trevor Knight light it up in that OU offense. 

What happens next season when he's on a team with a below average OL, no weapons, and starts getting hit. What mobile QBs that run the ball frequently have had success in the league? 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He sucked at A&M but put up numbers in the Big XII playing with an elite OL and with elite weapons around him. How many QBs have been good for 1 year in college and went on to NFL success? The only two in recent memory are Cam Newton and Mitchell Tribusky (questionable) but other than that almost every successful QB was good for multiple years in college. We've seen players like Blake Bell and Trevor Knight light it up in that OU offense. 

Blake Bell was a freaking Goal Line QB for OU. Him and Murray should never be in the same sentence as prospects. 

And are you seriously bringing up Murray's one year at A&M as a 18 Y/O true freshman where he sparingly played? Lol

Evaluate what do you see from him on the field. Dont stereotype him because hes a one year starter, which he literally would've started for any other team in the country last year but they had Baker Mayfield. Dont dismiss him as a running QB because he happens to be uber athletic.

Where do you think he struggles? How do you rate his arm talent? Poise in the pocket? I need details 

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I agree. I would love to hear an in depth scouting report from @NYRaider why Murray will suck in the NFL. 

You'll probably just bring up his height and dismiss him as a running QB, despite the fact he throws from the pocket more than a majority of top prospects in recent memory. 

He has a strong arm and is a great athlete, I'm not denying that. But it takes more than that to be a franchise quarterback. He was a starter for 1 year in a great system, with an elite offensive coach, protected by an elite offensive line, playing with elite weapons in the pass-happy Big XII. What happens when everything isn't going to his way like against Alabama where he looked below average.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What about the fact that he only played for one year or that Oklahoma is a QB friendly system?

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What about the fact that he only played for one year or that Oklahoma is a QB friendly system?

Lazy analysis.  if you look at the throws he made throughout the year, You see an NFL talent arm. He is throwing with touch, Accuracy, And velocity. And he's making throws from the pocket which is Huge. But still have the athletic ability to do it off schedule.

I've rewatched six of Murray's games from last season thus far and I'm not sure how anyone can say definitively that he's consistently accurate. Like a lot of Big 12 QBs, a huge percentage of completions are wide open. Sometimes hilariously wide open. The narrative around big 12 defense holds true.

I'm not saying he definitely isn't accurate. But his film makes it nearly impossible to evaluate because he isnt asked to do it often.

@NYRaider

- Murray is a very accurate thrower, his deep ball is better than a lot of NFL QBs, and especially throws a way better deep ball than Carr. Carr throws a rainbow as a deep ball, which is another reason he rarely throws deep. He knows he sucks at it. 

- Murray has a very strong arm

- Murray would instantly be the most mobile and elusive QB

- Murray ranked #1 in college football under pressure and #2 against the blitz according to PFF. The guy does not get rattled under pressure like Carr and does not get happy feet. He stands in the pocket and delivers the strike. His OL comments are total bias trying to discredit him with lazy analysis. Yeah he had a good line but doesn’t mean he sucks under pressure. 

The only thing that is concerning about Murray is height and personality. If he was a two or three inches taller and a little more outgoing people would be raving about him as the best prospect since Luck. 

He could certainly bust, just like any QB, but the guys potential is twice as much as Carr. Mayock is a safe draft analyst, he wouldn’t pick Murray unless he was majorly confident in him, so if we do pick Murray I wouldn’t be mad at all. Even with a trade up I can’t be too mad cause trading up for a QB is the only time I think it’s ok. We’d still have two firsts this year and two firsts next year even with a trade (assuming we’d give up 4, 24, and 35). 

Personally I don’t think we do a trade but if there’s a 10% chance Murray is sitting at 4, he’s the pick. I’d bet my house on it. 

Archived