2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Oliver came in at 287 which is very good for him. Also at 6-1 7/8 

@NYRaider I thought you guaranteed that Oliver was was 6'1 270, he couldn't be 290 and all of that other trash you were spewing on us as fact. 

Looks like he is 6'2 290.  All that talk about scouts, and your sources LOL All disinformation and absolute worthless trash.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

@NYRaider I thought you guaranteed that Oliver was was 6'1 270, he couldn't be 290 and all of that other trash you were spewing on us as fact. 

Looks like he is 6'2 290.  All that talk about scouts, and your sources LOL All disinformation and absolute worthless trash.  

You realize that playing weight =/= combine weight. He had like 4 months to bulk up for the combine. There were concerns about playing weight last season and they will be a concern again next season. Either way he's a little bit smaller than Mo Hurst, so as I've said from the beginning, I don't think those two can play next to each other in our base defense. 

The same thing with Kyler Murray, he probably played last season at closer to 190 but bulked up for the combine. There are rumors he doesn't want to throw in Indy because he's concerned about throwing with the extra weight on.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We don't need another 3T though. What are we going to do with Mo Hurst?

You take the player you think has the best chance of being elite at a pick as high as 4. For me that's Oliver once Q, Bosa and Allen are gone. Having Hurst doesn't change that. I can't think of any better player than Oliver at 4. Simple.

Just now, NYRaider said:

You realize that playing weight =/= combine weight. He had like 4 months to bulk up for the combine. There were concerns about playing weight last season and they will be a concern again next season. Either way he's a little bit smaller than Mo Hurst, so as I've said from the beginning, I don't think those two can play next to each other in our base defense. 

Haha What you "don't think" doesn't mean a thing to anyone.  You also didn't think he'd be taller than 6'1 or weigh in more than 270.  The guy is a stud and a top talent in this draft.

Exactly my point was that with months to train you have no clue what he would weigh in at.  He could have been anywhere from 270 to 290 qnd I would not be surprised.  I just can never wrap my head around how people like you can be so adamant about saying, no way that he is above 270 etc or that his draft stock is falling bc he is undersized.  Now the excuses start poring out about playing size vs combine size Hahahaa

How can you make statements like that when you have zero clue what you're talking about?  It's quite perplexing 

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

You take the player you think has the best chance of being elite at a pick as high as 4. For me that's Oliver once Q, Bosa and Allen are gone. Having Hurst doesn't change that. I can't think of any better player than Oliver at 4. Simple.

You also have to take into account team needs though and your existing personnel. Mo Hurst flashed last season and has a ton of potential. It's redundant to draft a very similar player when we have holes at almost every other position. 

1 minute ago, reddevil said:

He should be in the running at 4 and that is without a doubt.  I don't know much about some of the other prospects but I do know that Oliver appears to be a stud and having Hurst should have nothing to drafting an elite talent like Oliver.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha What you "don't think" doesn't mean a thing to anyone.  You also didn't think he'd be taller than 6'1 or weigh in more than 270.  The guy is a stud and a top talent in this draft.

Exactly my point was that with months to train you have no clue what he would weigh in at.  He could have been anywhere from 270 to 290 qnd I would not be surprised.  I just can never wrap my head around how people like you can be so adamant about saying, no way that he is above 270 etc or that his draft stock is falling bc he is undersized.  Now the excuses start poring out about playing size vs combine size Hahahaa

How can you make statements like that when you have zero clue what you're talking about?  It's quite perplexing 

I was literally quoting scouts, I don't have any NFL sources, hell Oliver's NFL combine page says that scouts believe he played last season at closer to 270. 

You realize at 6'1" 287 with short arms that he's still undersized, right? It's like the Murray truthers celebrating him being 5'10" 200. He's still tiny.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He should be in the running at 4 and that is without a doubt.  I don't know much about some of the other prospects but I do know that Oliver appears to be a stud and having Hurst should have nothing to drafting an elite talent like Oliver.  

Oliver is a good player but he's not an elite talent. Hurst played well last season and will continue to get better. Plus we spent a 2nd round pick on PJ Hall who has a ton of potential as well and is an elite athlete, an even better athlete than Ed Oliver.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I was literally quoting scouts, I don't have any NFL sources, hell Oliver's NFL combine page says that scouts believe he played last season at closer to 270. 

You realize at 6'1" 287 with short arms that he's still undersized, right? It's like the Murray truthers celebrating him being 5'10" 200. He's still tiny.

You also realize that 6'1 7/8 is close to 6'2 than it is 6'1 right? 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Oliver is a good player but he's not an elite talent. Hurst played well last season and will continue to get better. Plus we spent a 2nd round pick on PJ Hall who has a ton of potential as well and is an elite athlete, an even better athlete than Ed Oliver.

Once again I have no clue where you get your information from but claiming that Oliver is not an "elite talent" is downright nonsensical.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again I have no clue where you get your information from but claiming that Oliver is not an "elite talent" is downright nonsensical.  

He's a good player and prospect, but he's not an elite prospect. He's not on the same level as Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa as a prospect, those are the only two elite guys in this class. 

Archived