2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He played well against pressure in that limited sample size. Fact remains that he wasn’t pressure at all, 85% of the time he had a clean pocket to throw the ball. In the Big XII where they still haven’t learned that defense is a part of football. 

In comparison Josh Rosen was pressured on 40% of his snaps last season in Arizona. 

Thank you for the info. I'm not a fan of drafting Murray or any other QB in the first two rounds. As a matter of fact, I'll be pissed if Gruden and Mayock pull the trigger. I don't really have an opinion on Carr staying or going, I just hope he returns to 2016 form with all of his new toys. OL will be a huge factor though.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You’re right, Kelcee, Hill, their OL, Andy Reid and the rest of their weapons wouldn’t be ish without Mahomes. 

Mahomes went into the absolute best situation possible. He got drafted by a playoff team with a winning culture in place. He also got to sit for a year and refine his game behind a good vet QB, was paired with one of the best offensive minds in football, and inherited an offense with some of the most unique weapons in the league in guys like Hunt, Hill, and Kelcee. 

I think coaching plays a huge factor too. At least in Cleveland’s example, Hue Jackson was garbage and held Baker back. Freddie Kitchens took over and magically our o-line didn’t give up sacks.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think coaching plays a huge factor too. At least in Cleveland’s example, Hue Jackson was garbage and held Baker back. Freddie Kitchens took over and magically our o-line didn’t give up sacks.

Personnel plays a huge role in the success of a quarterback, particularly young quarterbacks. The only two Big XII QBs that have had success recently played with teams built by John Dorsey. Mahomes came into an offense with elite players around him, within a year Mayfield has arguably the most talented offense in the league around him. For Murray to be successful I think he's going to have to come into a similar situation. 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m a big believer in Gruden, despite his rebuilding being “different.” How do you guys feel about Carr? Do you want a new QB? I think he can succeed with the proper talent in place.

I also think the Raiders should trade for AJ Green.

There's some sensitive posters here about Carr. Others here think he's just a middle of the pack QB.

Dont know if you heard but the Raiders just traded for Antonio Brown last week and signed Tyrell Williams to a large contract. Dont see us trading for AJ Green too

Charie Casserley, Grudens friend, had some harsh things to say about both Murray and Rosen. Really crucified them both. Said teams didn’t like Murray and the combine and he failed tests miserably in interviews (which isn’t true at all as teams said the opposite). Said Rosen doesn’t study (such a lie, Rosen is a tape freak) and is lazy. 

My only guess here is Jon told him to destroy Murray and Rosens value. 1) Try to scare the Cards into not taking Murray, 2) Try to make Rosens trade value so bad that trading him isn’t worth it and they keep him. 

I don’t think we trade up but if Murray is on the board at 4 I’d be surprised if he wasn’t the pick. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Charie Casserley, Grudens friend, had some harsh things to say about both Murray and Rosen. Really crucified them both. Said teams didn’t like Murray and the combine and he failed tests miserably in interviews (which isn’t true at all as teams said the opposite). Said Rosen doesn’t study (such a lie, Rosen is a tape freak) and is lazy. 

My only guess here is Jon told him to destroy Murray and Rosens value. 1) Try to scare the Cards into not taking Murray, 2) Try to make Rosens trade value so bad that trading him isn’t worth it and they keep him. 

I don’t think we trade up but if Murray is on the board at 4 I’d be surprised if he wasn’t the pick. 

Fail!

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What would be your explanation for him lying? He’s def lying for someone. 

Maybe these are things he heard and are just part of the story from someone's perspective.

You can't infer all these things just because one report has a bad take.

Maybe it's true and maybe it isn't but the point is we don't know. But Casserly crediabilty would be on the line if he wants teams to believe these things when they are in the rooms with these guys and know the truth and they can pick up the phone and call their contact s and get their own reports. Just isn't in his interest to lie.

Apparently Montez Sweat had a pre existing heart condition brought to light. Could be another Hurst situation where he slips and we take advantage of it. Hes my second ranked DE after Bosa (see Allen as more of a LB). depending on how that checks out id roll the dice with a later first or second. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

Apparently Montez Sweat had a pre existing heart condition brought to light. Could be another Hurst situation where he slips and we take advantage of it. Hes my second ranked DE after Bosa (see Allen as more of a LB). depending on how that checks out id roll the dice with a later first or second. 

Montez at 24 would be a no brainer. He’s probably a Top 5 player for me in this draft. 

I would love this draft.  Chances of a third of these picks being there is close to zero but this would go a long way in fixing this team.

4: R1P4

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
24: R1P24

LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU
27: R1P27

TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA
35: R2P3

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
106: R4P4

EDGE L.J. COLLIER
TCU
140: R5P2

WR DEMARCUS LODGE
MISSISSIPPI
218: R7P4

EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING
235: R7P21

QB EASTON STICK
NORTH DAKOTA STATE

16 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:
I would love this draft.  Chances of a third of these picks being there is close to zero but this would go a long way in fixing this team.

4: R1P4

EDGE NICK BOSA
OHIO STATE
24: R1P24

LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU
27: R1P27

TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA
35: R2P3

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN