2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hypothetically, let's say Bosa, Williams and Allen are all gone. Who do you pick if there's no trading down?

I doubt that trading down isn’t an option especially with Murray still on the board. I think someone will want him but i could be wrong. The giants are delusional in their steadfast idea that Eli is elite. The dolphins are tanking already for Tua. I’m not sure who else needs a QB. Maybe the bucs or titans but i really don’t know. Maybe the Raiders actually take Murray at 4 in this instance. Idk this would be the darkest timeline. 

40 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I think Fant is the 1st TE taken.

Same. Fant's athletic numbers at the combine were unreal. He ranked in the 96th percentile for 40 time, 97th percentile for vertical jump, 95th percentile for broad jump, 95th percentile for 3-Cone, 79th percentile for 20 yard shuttle, and 91st percentile for 60 yard shuttle. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Even after signing Hankins I will have a really hard to passing on Lawrence at 27 if he’s there and we’ve already taken care of edge with previous picks. Guy is going to be a stud in this league imo. 

I wouldn't absolutely hate it depending on what we do with our other picks. Ideally we won't address interior DL this year though and we'll see improvement from Hall, Hurst, Vanderdoes, and Hankins. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't absolutely hate it depending on what we do with our other picks. Ideally we won't address interior DL this year though and we'll see improvement from Hall, Hurst, Vanderdoes, and Hankins. 

Imo Hall/Hurst shouldn’t have any impact on Lawrence. Much different players. The resigning of Hankins does but it was only a two year deal correct? I don’t see him getting another contract with us and that’s a position where depth and rotation is crucial. Having two big nasties would be a huge plus especially with average/sub-par talent at edge and LB. If we can lock the middle down it would go a long way and effect the rest of our defense in a positive way. 

Now I don’t think Lawrence makes it that far but I definitely think he’s not being talked about enough. Idk if that’s because he missed the last part of the season or what

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Imo Hall/Hurst shouldn’t have any impact on Lawrence. Much different players. The resigning of Hankins does but it was only a two year deal correct? I don’t see him getting another contract with us and that’s a position where depth and rotation is crucial. Having two big nasties would be a huge plus especially with average/sub-par talent at edge and LB. If we can lock the middle down it would go a long way and effect the rest of our defense in a positive way. 

Now I don’t think Lawrence makes it that far but I definitely think he’s not being talked about enough. Idk if that’s because he missed the last part of the season or what

Rightnow the other big nasty is a healthy Justin Ellis, I think the rotation is set for this year, unless it's Q!

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Justin Ellis, Jonathan Hankins, and Eddie Vanderdoes should be able to hold down the NT spot for us. I like Lawrence, I'd just rather spend that pick on another edge guy, LB, TE, RB, or DB.

12 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Just did a TDN mock 7 rounder at it fell exactly how were talking about now. Bosa/Williams/Allen gone before we pick at 4. Obviously couldn’t trade down so here’s what I did and it worked out great. Love this draft and would be ecstatic if it fell this way given the situation. 

1.4 Devin White, LB

-plug and play starter from day one at LB. gives us a player we haven’t had in over a decade  

1.24 TJ Hockenson, TE

-with no Cook (so far) Hockenson is too much value to pass up at 24.

1.27 Clelin Ferrell, Edge

-another plug and play defensive rookie imo, not a super high ceiling but he should get meaningful snaps ASAP  

2.35 Jachai Polite, Edge

-situational  pass rusher and 3rd down guy from the get go  

4.106 Rodney Anderson, RB

-my favorite RB in the draft, coming off an injury or he’d being going early 2nd imo 

5.140 Michael Jackson, CB

-good developmental CB here

7.218 Greg Dortch, WR

-love this pick as a slot WR moving forward, guy can flat out play  

7.235 Ryan Finley, QB

-along with Minshew is one of my favorite late round QBs to develop. 

I love the mock but I don't think Ferrell makes it to 27. 

On 01/03/2019 at 9:56 PM, NightTrainLane said:

Mayock is a guy that will take the Best player and Guenther has said that he will fit the system to the players so if Allen is best at OLB and he is the best player in their eyes and there then I don't think we count him out at this point. But all that said I don't think Allen is the better player. You take Q and feel really good about it.

Well, we simply don't know this, as of course Mayock has never actually made a pick in the real world draft. It'll be fascinating to see the way Mayock and Gruden work together and see if Mayock can keep a hold of the reigns. I've always liked his breakdowns and generally liked his prospect rankings but it's a lot easier sat in studio when someone else's neck is on the line :)

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

In the article it says it's a non-issue and that they knew about it before they cleared him to play last season. They let him work out at the combine so it's likely a non-factor. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Justin Ellis, Jonathan Hankins, and Eddie Vanderdoes should be able to hold down the NT spot for us. I like Lawrence, I'd just rather spend that pick on another edge guy, LB, TE, RB, or DB.

I think those three can but far from a sure thing that they will. I could just as easily see Vanderdoes not getting back to form and getting cut and Ellis not playing consistent. Just as easy to see that position as a need. Ellis or Hankins get injured? Huge hole and I can’t watch another season of teams gashing us up the middle. I just hope if he’s there and Mayock has him as BPA then he takes him and doesn’t overthink it. 

16 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I think those three can but far from a sure thing that they will. I could just as easily see Vanderdoes not getting back to form and getting cut and Ellis not playing consistent. Just as easy to see that position as a need. Ellis or Hankins get injured? Huge hole and I can’t watch another season of teams gashing us up the middle. I just hope if he’s there and Mayock has him as BPA then he takes him and doesn’t overthink it. 

There are only so many snaps to go around though and we just invested two picks into DTs last season. Right now we have 5 DT's that can play and will be rotational pieces with guys like Hurst/Hall being the pass rushers, Hankins/Jelly being the run stuffers, and Vanderdoes being somewhere in between. If you draft another DT early you're basically saying that you don't think Hall/Hurst are going to pan out. Isn't Wilkins role going to be primarily a 3T in the league, how does he fit with Hall and Hurst already here?

Based on the logic that you're using we should draft a QB and WR early, because even though we have depth there if Carr or Brown get hurt we're going to have a huge hole. 

One thing about Wilkins is that he's a below average athlete at the DT spot. He ranked in the 34th percentile for 40 time, 31st percentile for vertical, 33rd percentile for broad jump, 43rd percentile for 20 yard shuttle, and 70th percentile for bench press. 

Montez Sweat ranked in the 88th percentile for height, 98th percentile for wingspan, 97th percentile for arm length, and 92nd percentile for hand size. And his athletic numbers are freaky too, 99th percentile for 40 time, 81st percentile for vertical, 92nd percentile for broad jump, 83rd percentile for 3-cone, and 77th percentile for 20-yard shuttle. 

Archived