2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are peoples thoughts on drafting Josh Jacobs at #24 or #27?

Mayock is all about value. If Jacobs is there at 35 he could certainly be the pick. Who’s gonna take him in the 1st? I don’t think the Eagles take him. Their GM has never taken a 1st Rounder that isn’t DL or OL. 

The only concern is if the Bucs trade from 38 to 33 and get Jacobs. 33 is almost always universally traded to the highest bidder as it’s the first pick of day two. 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Maybe if I was drafting him for a high 5 contest I’d worry 

truth is every prospect has a worry

bosa- durability 

q will- somewhat one hit wonder 

kyler- height

etc etc

we have entered “pick apart prospect phase” so I’m not surprised 

I'd take Q. Williams without thinking twice.  Same goes for Bosa.  You're getting two players that are practically guarenteed to produce at a high level.  J. Allen won't be the same pass rusher he was in college at the NFL level.  Everyone is fast in the NFL, his speed won't be enough to produce double digit sacks.  He's going to have to develop as a pass rusher or end up becoming another Anthony Barr (which isn't terrible, just not worth the fourth overall pick).  I'd take Devin White at 4 over J. Allen honestly.  There are 2-3 LBs and about 10-15 DEs worth taking in the first and second rounds of this draft.  

DEs: Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell, Zach Allen, Josh Allen, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat, Oshane Ximines, Brian Burns,  L.J. Collier, Charles Omenihu, Jaylon Ferguson, Joe Jackson, Chase Winovich.

LBs: Devin White, Devin Bush, Mack Wilson.

34 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'd take Q. Williams without thinking twice.  Same goes for Bosa.  You're getting two players that are practically guarenteed to produce at a high level.  J. Allen won't be the same pass rusher he was in college at the NFL level.  Everyone is fast in the NFL, his speed won't be enough to produce double digit sacks.  He's going to have to develop as a pass rusher or end up becoming another Anthony Barr (which isn't terrible, just not worth the fourth overall pick).  I'd take Devin White at 4 over J. Allen honestly.  There are 2-3 LBs and about 10-15 DEs worth taking in the first and second rounds of this draft.  

DEs: Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell, Zach Allen, Josh Allen, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat, Oshane Ximines, Brian Burns,  L.J. Collier, Charles Omenihu, Jaylon Ferguson, Joe Jackson, Chase Winovich.

LBs: Devin White, Devin Bush, Mack Wilson.

Take the blinders off man nothing is guaranteed the draft has and will always be a crapshoot. 

I’ll never forget Robert “safest pick in the draft” gallery. 

41 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Take the blinders off man nothing is guaranteed the draft has and will always be a crapshoot. 

Or Aaron Curry, or tons of players. But I am very confident Williams will an an elite player sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly think Q. Williams is the safest pick. And if Bosa stays healthy he is too. I think Allen and Murray are boom or bust for sure. Only one way to find out.

24 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Or Aaron Curry, or tons of players. But I am very confident Williams will an an elite player sooner rather than later.

I like q will. 

curious what he looked like at de and why Saban asked him to switch to dt or he wouldn’t get any playing time tho

I'm warming up to the idea of drafting Montez Sweat, even if we stay put at 4 assuming Bosa and Williams are off the board. 

Sweat has an insane physical profile and will be a 3 down player in the league from the jump. According to PFF he ranked 1st in the country in run stop % and 9th in the country in pass rush productivity last season. He produced at a high level during both of his years at Mississippi State and has all of the tools that you look for in an elite edge player. 

As I posted earlier in terms of his physical profile he ranks in the 88th percentile for height, 98th percentile for wingspan, 97th percentile for arm length, and 92nd percentile for hand size. And in terms of his athleticism, he ranks in the 99th percentile in 40 time, 81st percentile in the vertical jump, 92nd percentile in the broad jump, 83rd percentile in 3-cone, and 77th percentile in 20-yard shuttle. 

His 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle times were significantly better than DK Metcalf's as a 6'6" 260 defensive end. 

Like I said m, Sweat is everything people are hyping up Josh Allen as. He’s a better version of Allen himself. He was once projected in the late 20’s back in Jan but now he is a Top 15 lock imo. WSH is the absolute latest he goes I think. And I think TB could nab him at 5. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm warming up to the idea of drafting Montez Sweat, even if we stay put at 4 assuming Bosa and Williams are off the board. 

Sweat has an insane physical profile and will be a 3 down player in the league from the jump. According to PFF he ranked 1st in the country in run stop % and 9th in the country in pass rush productivity last season. He produced at a high level during both of his years at Mississippi State and has all of the tools that you look for in an elite edge player. 

As I posted earlier in terms of his physical profile he ranks in the 88th percentile for height, 98th percentile for wingspan, 97th percentile for arm length, and 92nd percentile for hand size. And in terms of his athleticism, he ranks in the 99th percentile in 40 time, 81st percentile in the vertical jump, 92nd percentile in the broad jump, 83rd percentile in 3-cone, and 77th percentile in 20-yard shuttle. 

His 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle times were significantly better than DK Metcalf's as a 6'6" 260 defensive end. 

NYRaider's word of the day: percentile. 

Sweat's stock was bound to blow up after that incredible performance. I won't count anything out at this point in time.

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

NYRaider's word of the day: percentile. 

Sweat's stock was bound to blow up after that incredible performance. I won't count anything out at this point in time.

Lmao, it gives perspective as to how impressive the numbers are... 

Sweat produced at a high level and has good film too. 

Archived