BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

58 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m gearing up to beat my division opponents knowing next year they won’t be rivals anymore.

The one fallback I can think of is we have turnover every off-season.

New owners = Relocation

So what happens next year when we get 2 more new owners and they relocate messing up this year's realignment. Push it off again until 2022?

8 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

So what happens next year when we get 2 more new owners and they relocate messing up this year's realignment. Push it off again until 2022?

I’m aware of this. It’s why a realignment (for geographic purposes) is futile in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I think a relocation restriction is a relatively simple fix that I don't think would cause many issues with new owners. Especially considering we have pretty vague divisions (East and Atlantic, West and Pacific)

I'm opposing any relocation restriction.  It's not a problem that needs to be fixed.  We need to let new owners choose where they want their team to be located.  And if you want to move after a few years, go for it.

If people start moving every offseason, then yes, we could have an issue.

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I think there's a big thing people are missing.

Currently, we're free to relocate evrywhere. If you're going to align geographically every time someone relocates, we're creating a dangerous precedent of "wow, that team is stacked, I'd rather play in Division X so I'll relocate to [insert random city or country]"

To me, if we're going to realign division on a geographic basis, we need to allow relocation only:

• when the geography makes sense
  • OR, when every party involved (teams that move + teams in the respective divisions) agrees unanimously

Or, we can just keep things light and fun and just don't care about geography alignment

How in the world was this my idea lol.

The only thing I said is if we trimmed down playoff teams that we would mighy look at an East/West thing if we needed to go with the 3 highest records. That wasnt even a submitted proposal that was an idea in this thread.

4 minutes ago, PR said:

How in the world was this my idea lol.

The only thing I said is if we trimmed down playoff teams that we would mighy look at an East/West thing if we needed to go with the 3 highest records. That wasnt even a submitted proposal that was an idea in this thread.

I never said it was yours? It was bcb's

I'm going to wait until after the vote on Realignment (Which I thought was going to be a non-issue) before muddying the waters anymore with more controversy.

For the record. I don't build my roster just for 3 other teams in the league it should be built to take on all teams.

Very rarely does Division Record matter. 

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I'm going to wait until after the vote on Realignment (Which I thought was going to be a non-issue) before muddying the waters anymore with more controversy.

For the record. I don't build my roster just for 3 other teams in the league it should be built to take on all teams.

Very rarely does Division Record matter. 

I don’t either, but let’s say hypothetically you care more about what Portland does than Gotham. Additionally, we’ve had situations where teams play each other three times, so you’re more likely to add guys whom may directly affect your matchup with said team.

2 hours ago, BringinDaPain said:

Hopefully this wont be a issue  lol

It happens enough, real life gets in the way quite a bit/people get tired of BDL and move on.

Honestly thought we had a "1 relocation per year/owner change" rule thing somewhere.

Archived