Witten Ends Retirement - Returning in 2019

plan9misfit

5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

It fills a hole. You can talk about Wittens speed all day. We have been doing that for a decade. He doesn't have any. He wins in other ways. I can say with confidence he is better than anything we have on the roster. 

My only concern is the team not drafting one early now, but I think the best thing for Sternberger to do is learn one year behind Witten.

Also, maybe the team needs Witten on the roster in order for them to draft a TE in the 2nd round. 

Not good. Why take a year off then come back now? Would've been great to have a healthy Witten last year in the playoffs while Jarwin and Beasley was banged up with injuries. 

This will potentially stunt Jarwins growth from last year. I was high on him growing into a reliable TE. 

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Not good. Why take a year off then come back now? Would've been great to have a healthy Witten last year in the playoffs while Jarwin and Beasley was banged up with injuries. 

This will potentially stunt Jarwins growth from last year. I was high on him growing into a reliable TE. 

I think it’s a combination of him failing as a broadcaster and him not being a fan of Scott Linehan.

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

3.5 million is cheap. 

I hope Sean Lee sees what Witten did. He needs to fall on the sword and take a pay cut to stick around. Having those 2 guys on the roster ups the football IQ of the team and is basically like having 2 extra coaches on the field. 

Not sure what to make of this yet either. First question that comes to mind is how much speed if any has went in Lost? Well they certainly has a good feel for the zones he doesn't scare me down the middle and doesn't help open up the Cowboys like I hope Dallas would get. I also don't like the idea of getting Whitten may push the Cowboys away from drafting that stud tight end early and instead get another so-called average guy later in the draft. Well at least we can now focus on the best available defensive ends another position perhaps but still I am not sure what to think

Archived