Witten Ends Retirement - Returning in 2019

plan9misfit

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not sure what to make of this yet either. First question that comes to mind is how much speed if any has went in Lost? Well they certainly has a good feel for the zones he doesn't scare me down the middle and doesn't help open up the Cowboys like I hope Dallas would get. I also don't like the idea of getting Whitten may push the Cowboys away from drafting that stud tight end early and instead get another so-called average guy later in the draft. Well at least we can now focus on the best available defensive ends another position perhaps but still I am not sure what to think

Having Witten has never stopped them from drafting a TE in the 2nd round before. And his retirement caught them with their pants down last time. Now they get a do over. Hopefully they realize now they need to find his replacement. 

Hes better than any free agent, familiar with the team and only cost roughly 5 million. In no way does Jason Witten preclude taking a TE in the draft. He gets a proper farewell tour. Anyone sandy about this needs a cool Summer Breeze to freshen them up. Cheap upgrade that opens the draft up to a purer BPA approach. I am MOIST.

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If Witten sees half his snap count from his last year, I like this. Otherwise, he's just a smart dude, who is old and slow and Dallas can use as a crutch instead of moving forward. 

If the path forward is the conglomeration of suck from 2018 I'll take the crutch please and thank you.

What about Dez? Give his Achilles a little magic juice injection and let him heal. 

Get Witten, DWare, Earl Thomas, and Dez. Then they don't even have to play next year, because in my heart they already won the superest of bowls 

For saying he would or could have helped us in the playoffs. How soon we forget.

When did he play defense??

I'm a bit indifferent. I think he is and can be a very affective situational TE. But obviously not and almost every down. Maybe the year off might actually help from the "body taking a break" standpoint.

And no, this would not offset in the least if we lost Beasley.

Archived