Jump to content
plan9misfit

Witten Ends Retirement - Returning in 2019

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

If the path forward is the conglomeration of suck from 2018 I'll take the crutch please and thank you.

I'm not buying he's helping much or is even an improvement over what is already in place, but getting him out the MNF booth is a win for every football fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm not buying he's helping much or is even an improvement over what is already in place, but getting him out the MNF booth is a win for every football fan. 

Sheeet Tyler Eifert got one leg he'd need a crutch too crutches are mad useful I don't see a scenario where grizzled veteran Jason Witten isn't helpful tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not even kidding when I say this... I would donate one of Ace5's kidneys if we could get Romo back for next year too.  I'm 100% down with Witten next year.  But if we could make a package deal with Wit and Romo, I would forgive Jerry for all the past BS.

Edited by The_Slamman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ace5 said:

Sheeet Tyler Eifert got one leg he'd need a crutch too crutches are mad useful I don't see a scenario where grizzled veteran Jason Witten isn't helpful tbh

IF....IF, he is in a significantly reduced role, I can get on board a little more with this move. If it reverts back to him taking 95+% of snaps, this move isn't helping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WizardHawk said:

IF....IF, he is in a significantly reduced role, I can get on board a little more with this move. If it reverts back to him taking 95+% of snaps, this move isn't helping. 

Exactly what production is he stopping? Blake "I had one good game if you forget how many blocks i blew in the run game that day" Jarwin? He's a bridge. If he's better he will play more. On the young dudes to step up or get out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had some of the worst TE play in the league last year let's not kid ourselves.  I'm not concerned about Witten's speed because speed has been an issue for him for years.  What he can teach the kids and his presence in the locker room is huge.  He is slow but he's tough and can set up defenders.  His return would not stop me from selecting a TE in the draft however.  Realistically how long is he going to play?  Overall I'm pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Whose progress is he stopping? 

I agree with you. He's not holding anyone back.  Brief moments of production this past season don't = long term solutions in my book.  Witten's presence may light a fire under someone's rear end.  This should mean the end of Uncle Rico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Witten/Hanna/Swaim 2017:

673 yards 6 TDs and probably better run blocking, even though we didn't have Zeke. 

 

Jarwin/Swaim/Schultz 2018:

665 yards 4 TDs

 

 

Edited by DaBoys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL at Progress stopping. Either you perform in training camp; preseason; games; practices OR you don't! What we know of JW is that when it's 3rd and 5. He is going to catch it and make a 1st down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the Witten signing I wanted Sternberger in the draft. Now I really want Sternberger. If he can split time with Witten in 2019 our TE position looks great with Jarwin or Schultz as a number 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I'm not even kidding when I say this... I would donate one of Ace5's kidneys if we could get Romo back for next year too.  I'm 100% down with Witten next year.  But if we could make a package deal with Wit and Romo, I would forgive Jerry for all the past BS.

d3Os2lG.gif

Id make that deal, although I prefer the one with 80% of your pristine liver instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

 

 

giphy.gif

Marty Buzzkillington. I hate him. He hurts my face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×