Witten Ends Retirement - Returning in 2019

plan9misfit

20 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

If the path forward is the conglomeration of suck from 2018 I'll take the crutch please and thank you.

I'm not buying he's helping much or is even an improvement over what is already in place, but getting him out the MNF booth is a win for every football fan. 

25 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm not buying he's helping much or is even an improvement over what is already in place, but getting him out the MNF booth is a win for every football fan. 

Sheeet Tyler Eifert got one leg he'd need a crutch too crutches are mad useful I don't see a scenario where grizzled veteran Jason Witten isn't helpful tbh

1 minute ago, Ace5 said:

Sheeet Tyler Eifert got one leg he'd need a crutch too crutches are mad useful I don't see a scenario where grizzled veteran Jason Witten isn't helpful tbh

IF....IF, he is in a significantly reduced role, I can get on board a little more with this move. If it reverts back to him taking 95+% of snaps, this move isn't helping. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

IF....IF, he is in a significantly reduced role, I can get on board a little more with this move. If it reverts back to him taking 95+% of snaps, this move isn't helping. 

Exactly what production is he stopping? Blake "I had one good game if you forget how many blocks i blew in the run game that day" Jarwin? He's a bridge. If he's better he will play more. On the young dudes to step up or get out of the way.

We had some of the worst TE play in the league last year let's not kid ourselves.  I'm not concerned about Witten's speed because speed has been an issue for him for years.  What he can teach the kids and his presence in the locker room is huge.  He is slow but he's tough and can set up defenders.  His return would not stop me from selecting a TE in the draft however.  Realistically how long is he going to play?  Overall I'm pleased.

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Whose progress is he stopping? 

I agree with you. He's not holding anyone back.  Brief moments of production this past season don't = long term solutions in my book.  Witten's presence may light a fire under someone's rear end.  This should mean the end of Uncle Rico.

48 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I'm not even kidding when I say this... I would donate one of Ace5's kidneys if we could get Romo back for next year too.  I'm 100% down with Witten next year.  But if we could make a package deal with Wit and Romo, I would forgive Jerry for all the past BS.

d3Os2lG.gif

Id make that deal, although I prefer the one with 80% of your pristine liver instead. 

Archived