Jason Witten will play for the Cowboys in 2019

holt_bruce81

For 3.5 mil? I'll take him. Dallas needs TEs. We were looking at signing Eifert as our savior and he's played like 14 games the last 3 years. Hell I'd still sign both of them for a total of $5M. Plus look at drafting a guy like Sternberger in the 2nd and let him learn from Witten.

Dallas drafted TEs Anthony Fasano, MartyB, and Gavin Escobar all in the 2nd round while Witten was still good. So signing him at 37 shouldn't stop them from doing it again, while giving us an upgrade at TE for 2019.

And he'll likely be an upgrade with our depth chart. You can talk about him losing speed but he didn't have speed to lose. He was never fast. He just has sure hands in tight coverage, and can find open spaces in zone. Hopefully he didn't lose that.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's  hilarious. Probably  realized he sucked as a announcer , possibly getting  canned and Jerry is still desperate for anything at this point.

Cowboys are so close Jason, We need you, come help Us win a SB!!! Only to then finish 3rd in the NFCE this year with another 8-8 record with the Clapper to come. Brilliant.

The Cowboys beat you twice last year and won your division.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

For 3.5 mil? I'll take him. Dallas needs TEs. We were looking at signing Eifert as our savior and he's played like 14 games the last 3 years. Hell I'd still sign both of them for a total of $5M. Plus look at drafting a guy like Sternberger in the 2nd and let him learn from Witten.

Dallas drafted TEs Anthony Fasano, MartyB, and Gavin Escobar all in the 2nd round while Witten was still good. So signing him at 37 shouldn't stop them from doing it again, while giving us an upgrade at TE for 2019.

And he'll likely be an upgrade with our depth chart. You can talk about him losing speed but he didn't have speed to lose. He was never fast. He just has sure hands in tight coverage, and can find open spaces in zone. Hopefully he didn't lose that.

Wasn't Blake Jarwin starting to come on for you guys towards the end of the season? Seemed like a guy who was going to get better over time.

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wasn't Blake Jarwin starting to come on for you guys towards the end of the season? Seemed like a guy who was going to get better over time.

He had 3 TD catches in week 17. One of them was a result of meme worthy tackling efforts. 

He didn't do much before that. And was absent in the two playoff games.

I think he showed enough that he deserves a roster spot and a chance to compete, but certainly not going to keep me from signing FAs or drafting a TE with our first pick.

37 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I honestly couldn't stand him. Booger was on the same level. There were a lot of MNF games I ended up muting, just because how fed up I was. 

I liked Booger a LOT more than Witten. And I didn’t like Booger all that much. 

I spent too much time when Witten spoke trying to comprehend what he could be trying to convey with that barrage of words. 

Archived