Combine Szn: Runners and Rumor Thread

Kiltman

I gotta own up when I'm wrong.

I questioned Sweat's athleticism a bit... more his bend than burst, but still I wouldn't have expected him to have a 40 yard dash/ 10 yard split like he did.

If he does good in the 3 cone I'm really gonna look like an idiot lol.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

some freaks in this draft for sure which doesnt bode well cause Dlines are already better than Olines in the NFL just gonna get more staggered one way.

Yeah, I feel like every year the week OLs finally gel gets later and later. Glad our guys are at least athletic/good enough to win their 1on1s earlier before the group gels.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

how have drafts been lining up with visits? I know heckertt used to draft kids he never met before to throw people off the trail.

Looking at it, early they seem to make sure they meet at the combine (Wentz/Goedert\Jones) or official visit (Wentz/Barnett/Goedert)

after that it’s 50/50 whether they meet anywhere or not. Like Maddox was only at the shrine game.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Looking at it, early they seem to make sure they meet at the combine (Wentz/Goedert\Jones) or official visit (Wentz/Barnett/Goedert)

after that it’s 50/50 whether they meet anywhere or not. Like Maddox was only at the shrine game.

well a lot of times you meet with someone because you have questions they need to answer. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

well a lot of times you meet with someone because you have questions they need to answer. 

Yeah, and on on the opposite that’s why they don’t have contact with a lot of later guys they take who are pretty clean. It’s like if you like the tape and have good personal references behind the scenes. Why tip your hand? Why use limited resources like combine interviews and official visits.

im sure we all know that, just fun to look into the mind games and gameplay with it all.

I want to deeper dive into how things went with meetings in the first Howie regime. See if it’s a similar trend. See if there was anyone in the first two rounds they didn’t talk to.

I’m surprised they met with Wilkins, because he’s been such a known quantity off-field wise. I wonder if they did some digging on Dexter Lawrence via him. Nasir makes sense going to a 1-AA, double checking where he’s at with stuff.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, and on on the opposite that’s why they don’t have contact with a lot of later guys they take who are pretty clean. It’s like if you like the tape and have good personal references behind the scenes. Why tip your hand? Why use limited resources like combine interviews and official visits.

im sure we all know that, just fun to look into the mind games and gameplay with it all.

I want to deeper dive into how things went with meetings in the first Howie regime. See if it’s a similar trend. See if there was anyone in the first two rounds they didn’t talk to.

I’m surprised they met with Wilkins, because he’s been such a known quantity off-field wise. I wonder if they did some digging on Dexter Lawrence via him. Nasir makes sense going to a 1-AA, double checking where he’s at with stuff.

remember they do like FBI background searches on these guys. So they know stuff we wouldn't ever dream of about them. 

Archived