Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

Which is fine ... except there were decent middle/back of the rotation options available as late as mid March. Guys who were better options than AJ Cole. Guys who would have allowed the Nationals to take it slowly with Joe Ross' recovery as opposed to worrying that they'll need to bring him back sooner to catch the Mets. As I said earlier, I felt this might be a repeat of 2015 when the Nats got out of the gate slow only to see the Mets rocket ahead and never be able to catch them.

You're basically describing Hellickson. A guy who is getting ready to take Cole's job. The issue right now is not pitching, it very much is hitting as the team simply isn't scoring runs. As a side note, I have no idea why Bob Henley is still with this team? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

You're basically describing Hellickson. A guy who is getting ready to take Cole's job. The issue right now is not pitching, it very much is hitting as the team simply isn't scoring runs. As a side note, I have no idea why Bob Henley is still with this team? 

A guy like Lynn was ready right now.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m with you @Woz, this feels like 2015 with the Nats. The inexperience at manager could be an issue also. If the Nats don’t win the division Dusty Baker is going to come out smelling like a rose.

That’s on the Lerner’s. They refuse to pay for a manager. Martinez has no business having this job. It’s a joke. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m with you @Woz, this feels like 2015 with the Nats. The inexperience at manager could be an issue also. If the Nats don’t win the division Dusty Baker is going to come out smelling like a rose.

I don't know about that. Baker made a bunch of mistakes when the East was much weaker.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I don't know about that. Baker made a bunch of mistakes when the East was much weaker.

Considering how many injuries the Nats themselves had last year, I think he did a heck of a job. 

Davey has a heck of a lot to prove until I’d say the Nats made even a lateral move from Dusty to Davey.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Baker was a disaster in the post season. Love the guy but he can’t win the series for a reason. 

13 hours ago, Woz said:

Which is fine ... except there were decent middle/back of the rotation options available as late as mid March. Guys who were better options than AJ Cole. Guys who would have allowed the Nationals to take it slowly with Joe Ross' recovery as opposed to worrying that they'll need to bring him back sooner to catch the Mets. As I said earlier, I felt this might be a repeat of 2015 when the Nats got out of the gate slow only to see the Mets rocket ahead and never be able to catch them.

13 hours ago, Woz said:

A guy like Lynn was ready right now.

Lynn is costing 12 million. The Nats are right up on a luxury tax threshold. There was no reason to spend that money now when you're going to want to spend at the deadline on a piece you need.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s on the Lerner’s. They refuse to pay for a manager. Martinez has no business having this job. It’s a joke. 

I see the panic monkeys are out in full force.

Pro tip: This should be Martinez third season. Dusty never should have been hired in the first place.

10 hours ago, Woz said:

Baker has a decade of awful playoff decisions. You dont go 0 for your last 10 playoff series clinching games because of bad luck.