Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

I know we’re supposed to be diplomatic about this but I cannot imagine disliking an athlete anymore in my lifetime than as I do Harper. I wish I was more like Jeezy to where I wish him no ill will but I hope his team sucks forever and he’s stuck there and can’t leave. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I know we’re supposed to be diplomatic about this but I cannot imagine disliking an athlete anymore in my lifetime than as I do Harper. I wish I was more like Jeezy to where I wish him no ill will but I hope his team sucks forever and he’s stuck there and can’t leave. 

The opposite of love is not hate. Hate means you still care about the person/thing, and how they are/it is doing (even if it is negative). No, the opposite of love is indifference.

Investing any emotion (especially negative emotions) in Harper isn't worth your time. He's gone to chase the money. Okay then. Have fun with the Philly fans when they turn on you. Not our problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

The opposite of love is not hate. Hate means you still care about the person/thing, and how they are/it is doing (even if it is negative). No, the opposite of love is indifference.

Investing any emotion (especially negative emotions) in Harper isn't worth your time. He's gone to chase the money. Okay then. Have fun with the Philly fans when they turn on you. Not our problem.

This is why I’ve always thought it was crap when players ***** about fans being emotional or booing. The fans are so much more loyal to the team than the players. When the players are long gone or they pull a Harper guess who’s still going to be there....the fans. 

My favorite part is them complaining about the Lerners offer now and how insulting it was because it had deferred money but either way he was going to receive annually about the same as what he just got from the Phillies and then on top of it he’d be paid for what? Another 10 years after? How is that a bad deal? Do you think Bobby Bonilla is hating his deferred payments? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You misunderstand me. At a human level, I have no ill will towards Harper, but at a baseball level, I hope that he’s an albatross and the Filthies never win anything.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I used to want Harper to return at the beginning of last season but him turning down the Nats offer was stupid and in the end he got what he deserved. 

I cant really get mad at these players making their money bc the owners are billionaires and I always keep that in perspective, but Harper has not proven be worth a $300 to $500 million contract IMO and he should’ve taken the Nats deal. He’s still more hype than what he delivers on the field.

In the end he and Machado got embarrassed bc they didn’t get the offers they thought they would right away when free agency started and a part of me was happy about they bc I don’t like the personalities of either guy.

The Nats appears they will be more than fine riding Soto and Robles also. Soto looks like a possible NL MVP candidate and Robles has looked good in preseason also. 

I’m very pleased with how the young Nats talent looks.

I like Trout’s low key personality much more than Bryce & Mochado’s personalities and I’m happy for Trout and the deal he got from the Angels.

Edited by turtle28

On 3/3/2019 at 8:16 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

It was caught up on the Harper drama, but I think the Nats had a very good offseason. They addressed most of their major area of need. Hopefully we’ll be blessed with decent health for the key guys, and can bounce back this season.

It's totally dependant on health. Strasburg is a top 5 pitcher in baseball. When healthy.

Corbin is a top 15 starter.  When healthy. 

Doolittle is the best closer in baseball. When healthy.

Eaton is one of the better corner OFers. When healthy.

Turner is one of the fastest players, and a very good shortstop. When healthy. 

Zimmerman is a very good hitter. When healthy. 

When healthy,  this team can win 90+ games. A couple injuries and they wont sniff .500.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2019 at 7:21 PM, lavar703 said:

Word to that! The only reason I liked him was bc he played for the Nats, so I tolerated him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 2:38 PM, Slateman said:

It's totally dependant on health. Strasburg is a top 5 pitcher in baseball. When healthy.

Corbin is a top 15 starter.  When healthy. 

Doolittle is the best closer in baseball. When healthy.

Eaton is one of the better corner OFers. When healthy.

Turner is one of the fastest players, and a very good shortstop. When healthy. 

Zimmerman is a very good hitter. When healthy. 

When healthy,  this team can win 90+ games. A couple injuries and they wont sniff .500.

Sounds like every player in the entire MLB or really, in any sport.