Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Hellickson has pitched well. He’s let some baserunners on but remains calm and just keeps closing out the innings. That’s a good sign. 

He did look good. This team after the big win the other night rode that energy!!! I think the talent showed early for the Phil’s but I think the Nationals proved just because their talent is mostly youth they showed they can hang in there with the bigger fish!!!

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He did look good. This team after the big win the other night rode that energy!!! I think the talent showed early for the Phil’s but I think the Nationals proved just because their talent is mostly youth they showed they can hang in there with the bigger fish!!!

While he looked good last night, I still am very hesitant to trust Hellickson over the long run of the season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree. But out top is strong hopefully they figure the rest out

Last year, Hellickson topped out at going through the rotation twice. On the third pass, teams lit him up. So, my assumption with him is that you're going to get five innings plus regularly. If they had a strong bullpen, I wouldn't worry ... but, they don't. As such, that's almost a setup for a near guaranteed loss (barring the bats exploding like they did last night) every five starts.

33 minutes ago, Woz said:

Last year, Hellickson topped out at going through the rotation twice. On the third pass, teams lit him up. So, my assumption with him is that you're going to get five innings plus regularly. If they had a strong bullpen, I wouldn't worry ... but, they don't. As such, that's almost a setup for a near guaranteed loss (barring the bats exploding like they did last night) every five starts.

Oh I remember. But he did look more composed but he is fresh. We will see I want to get more consistent with the bullpen. Is focus one. The offense is solid so far even with Turner out. Like we have a lot to build off of so far