Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

26 minutes ago, Woz said:

While Fedde's going to be on the mound vs Greinke (so the odds were not in the Nats favor to begin with), I'm sorry about tonight, guys. I got tickets for my uncle and I to go the game.

I actually have a winning record at Nats Park. 

Let's not ever speak of my playoff record across the 4 sports.

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I actually have a winning record at Nats Park. 

Let's not ever speak of my playoff record across the 4 sports.

I’ve never seen the Redskins win in person.  I’ve been 7 times.  Last time I went was Rams vs Skins, Rams were like 0-7 and had their horrible intern HC Jim Haslett.  Redskins are like on the Rams 5 yard line trying to run in a game clinching TD, instead we fumble and Guard Pete Kendall decides not to fall in it but tries to pick it up himself.  Rams get it instead and run it back for game winning TD.  I’ve never gone to another game.

For the record, my uncle lost his wallet and thus we got delayed and didn't get to our seats until the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd (the game was moving fast up until the rain delay; 1.5h and we were at the 7 inning stretch). So, I don't take any responsibility for the first three runs.

23 hours ago, Woz said:

For the record, my uncle lost his wallet and thus we got delayed and didn't get to our seats until the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd (the game was moving fast up until the rain delay; 1.5h and we were at the 7 inning stretch). So, I don't take any responsibility for the first three runs.

Where was the wallet?

On 6/15/2019 at 2:22 PM, MikeT14 said:

Where was the wallet?

Dunno. The delay was due to him wrestling with his credit card company to have him block the card.

2-2 with the Diamondbacks ... not bad, not great.

38 minutes ago, Woz said:

Dunno. The delay was due to him wrestling with his credit card company to have him block the card.

2-2 with the Diamondbacks ... not bad, not great.

The real test is this next 7 game stretch. 5-2 would be fantastic. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

The real test is this next 7 game stretch. 5-2 would be fantastic. 

Yes, it would be.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Need to win at least 4, probably 5 this week.

4 is arguably a dangerous number. That's enough to give them hope, but may not be enough to get them truly back in the race.

I said from the start of this homestand that they needed to go at least 7-4 to be relevant. That still stands.

The Braves will come down to earth, but they also have the prospects to get the pieces they need. If the Nats can't cut this lead down to 6 GB by the time Atlanta leaves here, they need to be sellers at the deadline. And the team needs to make some hard decisions regarding Scherzer and Strasburg.

Maybe Max regresses and maybe he doesn't. Ultimately, he will be a good pitcher throughout his contract here, as he has the mindset to adapt. Strasburg on the other hand is an injury waiting to happen. I doubt you would get a lot for him on the trade block. Probably something similar to what Verlander got. Maybe less if they think he will opt out. Then again, opting out might make him more valuable because they only rent him for this season. But still, you have to make a decision.

But if you deal Strasburg, you may as well deal Max too. Corbin's value is too low and he may actually be effective in three years when you're looking to compete again.

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

I said from the start of this homestand that they needed to go at least 7-4 to be relevant. That still stands.

The Braves will come down to earth, but they also have the prospects to get the pieces they need. If the Nats can't cut this lead down to 6 GB by the time Atlanta leaves here, they need to be sellers at the deadline. And the team needs to make some hard decisions regarding Scherzer and Strasburg.

Maybe Max regresses and maybe he doesn't. Ultimately, he will be a good pitcher throughout his contract here, as he has the mindset to adapt. Strasburg on the other hand is an injury waiting to happen. I doubt you would get a lot for him on the trade block. Probably something similar to what Verlander got. Maybe less if they think he will opt out. Then again, opting out might make him more valuable because they only rent him for this season. But still, you have to make a decision.

But if you deal Strasburg, you may as well deal Max too. Corbin's value is too low and he may actually be effective in three years when you're looking to compete again.

You would also need to consider Rendon if you're not going to sign him and go through a rebuild. Gotta move Howie (stock would never be higher), gotta move Adams. Sanchez has pitched well enough to be an asset to move. Dootlittle is a FA right? Dozier is. Plenty of value to get back if you completely implode it. 

Doolittle has another year on his contract, but yes, you move him. I'm shocked he's stayed healthy this long.

Most of the players you mentioned wont bring back much. Really only Rendon and Doolittle will garner anything substantial.

Bigger question is what to do with Max and Stras. Right now, Max's value will never be higher, unless the Lerners demand that the other team pick up the deferred money. 

Stras isnt worth a whole lot. He'll garner what Verlander got. Unless he makes it known he will opt out if traded. Then hes more valuable.