Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

26 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They have been playing better but their still gonna need a slump from philly and Atlanta and a streak from them to make it interesting

Half a loaf there.

Honestly, until/unless they're ahead of the Phillies by a couple of games, I'm going to be a "boxscore" fan. As in, unless I get free tickets, my interaction/interest in the team will be: check box score to see if they won, and ignore them otherwise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woz said:

Half a loaf there.

Honestly, until/unless they're ahead of the Phillies by a couple of games, I'm going to be a "boxscore" fan. As in, unless I get free tickets, my interaction/interest in the team will be: check box score to see if they won, and ignore them otherwise.

That’s me as a baseball fan always.

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

They have been playing better but their still gonna need a slump from philly and Atlanta and a streak from them to make it interesting

Not really if they keep on this heater the rest of the year they’re going to end up better than Phila with the wildcard, they're just 2 games behind Phila. 

23 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I'd rather have this years team, that started awful and is now playing good ball, than last years team that was mediocre all year. If you can go another month play .600 ball, then I think you have to buy at the deadline.

Honestly, I think the Nats would be better served being neither a buyer nor a seller (with the possible exception of selling Doolittle, and I love the guy).

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Honestly, I think the Nats would be better served being neither a buyer nor a seller (with the possible exception of selling Doolittle, and I love the guy).

It'll be close. I think you have to sell what you can get for Kendrick and/or Dozier. Maybe Sanchez. 

52 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It'll be close. I think you have to sell what you can get for Kendrick and/or Dozier. Maybe Sanchez. 

If they're in the hunt, selling those guys would be a mistake.

That said, coming out of the All Star Break is going to be a rough run (3 @ Philly, 2 @ Baltimore, 4 @ Atlanta, 4 vs Colorado, 3 vs LA Dodgers, and 3 vs Atlanta).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I'm kind of a believer that if you can win a championship, you have to go all in. 

My concern is that while I think they could play themselves into the hunt, I'm not sure they have what it takes to win it all, even with some pickups. They've done a lot to hollow out the farm system over the past few years, so pushing all in yet again may be taking on more long term damage for only limited gains.

Of course, if that's the case, selling on Kendrick, Dozier, and Doolittle might be the play then. We'll see

I definitely don’t think they should be sellers at the trade deadline. Possibly buyers but it would have to be a good 4th or 5th starting pitcher or a good set up man for Doolittle.

It’s a shame Madson got over the hill and was done in 2018. I wish we still had him in his 2017 form as Doolittle’s set up man. We need a guy like that.