Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

45 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Don't even need Davey. The pen is still hot garbage. 

It literally  doesn't matter what arm he calls up from the pen, it's like 70% the dude blows it. At some point that's not Davey’s fault. He hasn't had good choices all year but Doolittle before Doo burned out from being overworked the first half bc Davey had nothing else.

It's the Lerner’s fault for not allowing Rizzo to spend more $ on a better bullpen and it's Rizzo’s fault for giving Trevor Rosenthal the contract he did.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Davey + this pen is the ultimate recipe for playoff heartbreak.

That's fine, it's been happening for 6 years with the Nats. I personally don't expect this team to ever be more than the just good team they've been for 6 orn7 years. It's DC sports baby. The only teams this decade to get out of the first round of their playoffs are the Caps and Wizards.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 2:31 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Agreed it should be, but I heard Rizzo already announced it would be Scherzer.

Yeah, I heard that too. I just hope they have Scherzer on a short leash. If he goes out there and looks bad early or gives up a few home runs, I hope they put in Strasburg even if it's like in the 3rd or 4th inning.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Brewers it is. Woodruff is starting. Looks like they're going to go with a bullpen game against the Nationals.

Scherzer slated to start the WC game, but Davey said Strasburg and Corbin will be available to pitch out of the pen.

Honestly, not a bad idea.