Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I’m actually thinking the reason they didn’t lock up Rendon was bc they wanted to focus on Soto & Turner.

That was the only reason I was okay with Ren leaving because those two are cornerstone players and they have so many great years ahead

Predictions:

- Around .500 ball for the Nats this year.

- COVID will start them off on the wrong foot. 

- Kieboom lacks confidence. He'll get sent back down as soon as others are healthy.

- Soto will be Soto. 

- Turner will overperform.

- Bell will rake.

- Max will underperform. SS will overperform but get hurt at some point. Corbin will underperform.

- Bullpen has depth and will surprise many.

- So COVID, underperforming starting pitching, surprising pen, and slightly above average hitting, tough division with tough pitching = .500 ball

Pick away. But my prediction is... around .500 ball. Third place finish.

Edited by Skinsin2013

24 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Predictions:

- Around .500 ball for the Nats this year.

Probably fair. Vegas is 84.5 I think.

- COVID will start them off on the wrong foot. 

Also probably fair.

- Kieboom lacks confidence. He'll get sent back down as soon as others are healthy.

Yeah, I don't think he's even suppose to be up now, sans COVID outbreak. 

- Soto will be Soto. 

❤️

- Turner will overperform.

Can you expand? Like you think he's overrated? Or he's gonna mash 30/100?

- Bell will rake.

That'd be nice especially if Zimm compliments that. 

- Max will underperform. SS will overperform but get hurt at some point. Corbin will underperform.

Age sucks. 

- Bullpen has depth and will surprise many.

Yes, but not without its issues. 

- So COVID, underperforming starting pitching, surprising pen, and slightly above average hitting, tough division with tough pitching = .500 ball

Pick away. But my prediction is... around .500 ball. Third place finish.

• Like 1

Trea will mash. Man he looks locked in already... 

If Victor gets on base, that a solid 2 through 6. 

Nats will rely on the long ball more this year than they ever have. Rely may be a strong word to use there... I think the long ball will account for a higher percentage of their runs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Nats put Strasburg on IL with right shoulder inflammation

http://news.yahoo.com/nats-put-strasburg-il-shoulder-154322346.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw via @YahooNews

Can we trade Strasburg for Rendon now? WTF this guy just can’t stay healthy.

We did the typical home town guy finally clicks and was a huge part of a title then you overpay for too long and your stuck. His velocity has been steadily dropping because his arm is burnt out from being 24 coming out throwing 100 too 99 for far too long especially being a starter. Not everyone holds up like Max. Straus for how magical the run was was just another long line list of mistakes in our FO as far as asset management at pitcher. We never should have made the Eaton trade. Lucas showed he had Ace talent and the white Sox are thankful to get rid of a so so player for a ace. If you have Gio then you weren’t forced to retain Straus.

Hopefully this guy just puts it back together. I think he is just a streaky personality. I think he’s a guy that is just better with the odds against him. When people start doubting he shuts them up. When everyone is on him he just seems to fall. All in all we got a title. But I think this team needs to lock up it’s two cornerstone players and they need to really find a way to get better pitching outside of Max. Honestly Max is just a special breed of person. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Well Rendon is hurt too...

While it’s true, I the reports are that Rendon will be back and be good to go by the middle of this week. Strasburg keeps having these issues regarding his neck/traps/upper back or shoulder. The injuries are very concerning as it all is tied together for a pitcher.

It just seems to me that Stras & these injuries are heading towards him retiring within a few years while Rendon isn’t anywhere near retiring & obviously Rendon is an everyday player.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...