Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Donaldson is out

I think so too now that the signed Castro. They also like Kieboom - hopefully he develops more over this next year - plus they have Howie back and Cabrera. They have 4 guys who can play 1st, 2nd and 3rd base. Cabrera can also play SS, as can Castro and Kieboom so they have 4 players that can play SS as well.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Adams is good for one thing. Bombs. And he had some clutch ones last year, but like Slate said, I'd rather just platoon Howie and Zimm there. 

Howie and Zimmerman are old and injury prone. I love thrm but I can’t trust on the combo of Zimmerman - always injured - to stay healthy. Matt Adams should be kept IMO bc he’s in his prime and bc of the age/injury history of Zimmerman/Kendrick. 

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, not an Adams fan?

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Adams is good for one thing. Bombs. And he had some clutch ones last year, but like Slate said, I'd rather just platoon Howie and Zimm there. 

He's not even good for that. Want dingers? Go get Thames. Also a marketed improvement over Dozier in the shirtless department. 

Just now, Slateman said:

He's not even good for that. Want dingers? Go get Thames. Also a marketed improvement over Dozier in the shirtless department. 

Fair enough, I don’t know much about baseball at all other than how the game works. I don’t follow it like I do football and basketball bc it’s boring. I really only pay attention to the playoffs. If you say they should get this other dude, I defer to you.

31 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I'll disagree. 

Thames is a little more versatile so I get that, but his K ratio is about the same as Adams, and the HR ratio is the same too. What'd you'd get extra is the walks and higher average which is better for leverage situations but how much more is he going to cost?

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll disagree. 

Thames is a little more versatile so I get that, but his K ratio is about the same as Adams, and the HR ratio is the same too. What'd you'd get extra is the walks and higher average which is better for leverage situations but how much more is he going to cost?

Good point. Thanks for explaining that bc I knew zippy about that before you did.

Edited by turtle28