Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Last year, Rizzo & the Lerner’s gave Dusty a trash bullpen until half way through the season. Harper hurt his knee towards the end of the season and Turner missed 64 games. I feel like I’m missing something too.

Wow, he lost Harper for a month. Whoopee do. He still had three MVP candidates in his lineup. Baker also had substantially better starting pitching.

Gimme a break. Nationals are leading the league in WAR on the DL. Murphy was hitting .333/.389/.568 at this point last year. We were talking about Zimmerman winning a triple crown at this point last year. We were talking about how Bryce winning another MVP was gonna mean a 400+ million dollar contract in 2019.

But Dusty got a trash bullpen ... 

¬¬

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

And Zimmerman. And Adam's. And Howie. And Wieters. And Hellickson.

Again, you find me a team that can survive losing two .900+, OPS bats, both of its bench bats (who could start on 25 teams), their number 2 starter, their number 5 starter, and their starting catcher. 

You tell me what team can survive that. You tell me what manager would have them on a .600 win pace with that roster.

Dusty at times last year with his DL issues.

My counter argument was that you don't think this team is strong enough without Murphy or Strasburg pitching every 5th game to be better than .500? No way Zimm was going to repeat last year. I think we knew that. Or missing a couple bench guys? We're in deep doo doo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

Not even close. See above. Martinez has had more performance loss to start the season than Dusty had to deal with for all of 2017

Strasburg, Ross, Turner, Harper and Eaton all missed time last year. Dusty dealt with a far worse bullpen until the all-star break and he sure as hell didn’t have the benefit of Herrera. Martinez has sucked. This is Matt Williams and Manny Acta all over again. 

1 minute ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m into trying to trade Bryce mid season. Maybe get a few prospects back as a rental and just start the moving forward process early.

I still think the whole idea of moving on from Bryce is going to backfire. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Strasburg, Ross, Turner, Harper and Eaton all missed time last year. Dusty dealt with a far worse bullpen until the all-star break and he sure as hell didn’t have the benefit of Herrera. Martinez has sucked. This is Matt Williams and Manny Acta all over again. 

LMAO

Strasburg has already missed more time than he did last year

Martinez has never had Ross

Turner has been meh this season. Harper has been abortion.

And in exchange for Eaton, Martinez has lost significant time from Ryan Zimmerman, Daniel Murphy, Matt Wieters, Matt Adam's, and Howie Kendrick.

So, again, what has Martinez done or not done that warrants being fired.

25 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I’m into trying to trade Bryce mid season. Maybe get a few prospects back as a rental and just start the moving forward process early.

No one is trading anything for the current version of Bryce Harper

39 minutes ago, Slateman said:

LMAO

And in exchange for Eaton, Martinez has lost significant time from Ryan Zimmerman, Daniel Murphy, Matt Wieters, Matt Adam's, and Howie Kendrick.

Nothing, but it’s not working either. Apparently, he isn’t pushing the right buttons which is something vet managers like Davey Johnson and Dusty Baker did when the team was in a funk.

45 minutes ago, Slateman said:

LMAO

How does Martinez escape the fact that several players are having bad seasons under this staff? You really think Long hasn’t had a negative affect on this teams hitting? Or the fact that Martinez has absolutely no idea when it’s time to pull a pitcher. 

Come on dude, I know you like to be a contrarian but this season has been a disaster. And citing Weiters being out is a joke. The dude is horrible.