Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

Wow. This disaster, and the next 3-5 seasons of struggle, are on ownership. They were given a chance to improve the team's depth, while getting under the luxury tax threshold for the season, and come back next season with a good free agent class and look to compete. Instead, they would rather not lose ticket sales or Harper jerseys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Can't wait until the Learners drop 400 million on Bryce and can't figure out why they never make the playoffs.

They do make the playoffs. They don’t win when they get there but the idea that this is somehow all Bryce Harpers fault and none of Daveys speaks to a grudge you are holding against a player you’ve basically never liked. And yes, I know you don’t like him because you used to trash him and Strasburg both before you were banned on extremeskins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

They do make the playoffs. They don’t win when they get there but the idea that this is somehow all Bryce Harpers fault and none of Daveys speaks to a grudge you are holding against a player you’ve basically never liked. And yes, I know you don’t like him because you used to trash him and Strasburg both before you were banned on extremeskins. 

Lol, ironically I was just looking at that thread. You know what's funny? I was dead right on trading Harper.

This is now the second clubhouse that the manager has lost that Harper has been a part of. And much of the rumors coming out about Davey center on certain players getting special treatment.

Rizzo had a deal in place for Harper and others. Ownership said no. Tell me again what the problem is here? Yea, I'm sure it's the rookie manager. I'm so sure. Martinez has issues, but none of them compare to the clubhouse headache that 2018 Harper has become. Which person isn't hustling? Which person is failing? Which person is calling out the General Manager in the media?

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean, who has been better than Harper overall in the playoffs for us from the offensive side?

Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Taylor, and Mike Morse.

Bryce's postseason reputation is vastly overblown by Nationals fans. Like, congrats, you hit two homers off Hunter Strickland, the idiot who for some reason decided to do the opposite of what every other pitcher on the team did to Bryce and try to blow 95 past him on the inner half of the plate. Oh and Carl Edwards Jr.  Whoopdefreakingdo.

Career .211 hitter in the postseason.

Yea, the offense does. That's my biggest problem with Martinez. This team has been healthy for 2 or 3 weeks, and it never looks like they're ready to play. Ultimately, that has to be on the manager. While he can't make the team hit, they should at least seem like they have a plan.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Lol, ironically I was just looking at that thread. You know what's funny? I was dead right on trading Harper.

This is now the second clubhouse that the manager has lost that Harper has been a part of. And much of the rumors coming out about Davey center on certain players getting special treatment.

Rizzo had a deal in place for Harper and others. Ownership said no. Tell me again what the problem is here? Yea, I'm sure it's the rookie manager. I'm so sure. Martinez has issues, but none of them compare to the clubhouse headache that 2018 Harper has become. Which person isn't hustling? Which person is failing? Which person is calling out the General Manager in the media?

It’s your fault for falling for a Buster Olney rumor. He’s the JLC of baseball rumors. Dude is literally always wrong and I highly doubt they ever had intentions of moving Harper. 

Is Harper absolved of blame? Absolutely not. The guy has had a rough year and I do feel the contract is weighing on his mind but nitpicking everything he says and then over analyzing it is so silly. I can see why Harper rubs you the wrong way but you’ve never really liked him which sort of muddies your opinion on the matter. When he plays great you say nothing but when he struggles you’re right there front and center bashing away, wanting him gone. 

6 hours ago, Slateman said:

So, realistically, the best this team can hope for this season is to not trade Robles and hope the Learners are willing to pay more luxury tax next season.

They traded Brandon Kinztler for a minor league pitcher. He’s disappointed that he’s being traded, he wanted to stay.