Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

As soon as I saw Grace warming up I got up and walked away from my TV. There was no point in watching anymore. 

He might as well be pitching for the opponent bc he’s always giving them gifts. I understand the theory of just wanting to have Rainey and Suero only pitch one inning, but they looked so good that I think Davey should have had Rainey pitch the 7th and 8th and then brought in Suero for the 9th and 10th if we got there. It’s not like either guy had a lot of pitches.

Rainey only had 12 pitches in the 7th, Suero only had 8 pitches in the 8th. Those guys definitely could’ve gone another inning and they looked good too. Bad decision by Davey to not have Rainey pitch 2 innings and then bring in Suero for the 9th IMO.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He might as well be pitching for the opponent bc he’s always giving them gifts. I understand the theory of just wanting to have Rainey and Suero only pitch one inning, but they looked so good that I think Davey should have had Rainey pitch the 7th and 8th and then brought in Suero for the 9th and 10th if we got there. It’s not like either guy had a lot of pitches.

They have to DFA Grace. They’ve given him so many opportunities and it just hasn’t worked out. It’s like Shawn Kelly all over again. Just end it already. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Rainey only had 12 pitches in the 7th, Suero only had 8 pitches in the 8th. Those guys definitely could’ve gone another inning and they looked good too. Bad decision by Davey to not have Rainey pitch 2 innings and then bring in Suero for the 9th IMO.

Sureo had pitch the previous two days. Rainey the previous day. Neither was available for multiple innings.

Guerra on the other hand is well rested

6 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Sureo had pitch the previous two days. Rainey the previous day. Neither was available for multiple innings.

Guerra on the other hand is well rested

Man the majors make these guys soft nowadays! Can't stand it! Haha 😂 

You telling me they couldn't throw more than 8 or 12 pitches in a game?

Come on Davey! 

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They have to DFA Grace. They’ve given him so many opportunities and it just hasn’t worked out. It’s like Shawn Kelly all over again. Just end it already. 

Unfortunately, he's one of the only two setup lefties in the pen (the other being Sipp).

And I've defended him in the past, but yeah, he needs to go.

32 minutes ago, Woz said:

Unfortunately, he's one of the only two setup lefties in the pen (the other being Sipp).

And I've defended him in the past, but yeah, he needs to go.

Grace hasn't been a setup lefty for a while. They use him as long relief at this point. Honestly, finding a guy to replace him shouldn't be that hard.

In all honesty, there's probably three relievers that "need to go." The problem is that there's no replacement for them. And I don't expect there to be one any time soon. Rizzo won't part with Keiboom and the Lerners won't go over the luxury tax. Barring some minor moves, this is the bullpen for the season.

I just hope Barrett gets a September call-up.

Edited by Slateman