Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So are we getting 3 relievers?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27296032/sources-nationals-add-three-relievers-via-trades

Toronto gets right-handed pitching prospect Kyle Johnston from the Nationals. He is 9-9 with a 4.03 ERA in 20 starts at the Class A level this season. TSN first reported the trade.

The Mariners reportedly receive three pitching prospects from the Natioanls -- RHP Elvis Alvarado, LHP Taylor Guilbeau and LHP Aaron Fletcher -- in exchange for Elias and Strickland. That deal was first reported by MLB.com.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=was

Guilbeau = 15th prospect (AAA)
Fletcher = 21st prospect (AA)
Johnston = 27th prospect (High A)
Alvarado = not on list

So the Nats got Elias, Hudson and Strickland?

Anyone know anything about these guys, are they at least middle of the road relievers?

I just saw that the Braves traded for Shane Green, so there goes the Division... As if the Nats had a chance at it anyways!

Nevermind, I found the answer I was looking for in the ESPN story that Woz posted:

Hudson: 6-3, 3.00 ERA, 2 saves, 48 strikeouts & 

Elias: 4.40 ERA, 14 saves, 45 strikeouts 

Strickland: 2.98 career ERA, returning from 60-day DL for a Lat strain.

They seem like good trades for the Nats but if course I have no clue how good the prospects are that they are giving up and if they could make it to the big leagues and be valuable some day.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Weaker than who? He's still an upgrade over Grace & the guys we have now other than Doolittle & Suerro right?

Honestly, he's up there with the worst. It's why I posted it, it's a knock on him. He's better at other things.