Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Sorry, some LeBatard show humor there.

Should the Nats get into the World Series, who would be the better matchup for them?

Astros.  The middle of the order can at least wear down the horses, and the Astros bullpen isn't nearly as good as the Yankees.  The Yankees pen is just so dominant.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Davy Martinez’s call to pull Max for Adams which started the rally for insurance runs was a good one, as was using Corbin for Wong in the 9th. He’s pulling the right strings right now.

Sentences I never thought I would see you write, nor one I would think I would completely agree with.

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Perhaps the problem Davey had earlier this year and last year was that the team had so many injuries and the bullpen that Rizzo & the Lerner’s gave him was trash.

Both can still be true. Davey had his disasters in the regular season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I so just want to close out tonight and be done with it...

Agreed. Particularly with weather coming on Wednesday.

Corbin is going tonight. He's great at home, the Cards are nothing special against LHP, and they struggle with breaking stuff. Bury this tonight. Scherzer has to be available out of the pen tonight. Doolittle and Hudson have two days of rest at this point. Bury the Cards tonight before the Stros/Yanks are even to a Game 4. Set up the rotation for the maximum amount of flexibility. 

I def want them to close it out. The rest sucks but honestly these guys will be fresh fresh for NY they have the right attitude. Close it out the series is going to be a tough one either way close it out get Corbin some juice going into the series because we’re gonna need him!!!

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I def want them to close it out. The rest sucks but honestly these guys will be fresh fresh for NY they have the right attitude. Close it out the series is going to be a tough one either way close it out get Corbin some juice going into the series because we’re gonna need him!!!

I usually wouldn't care too much about the rest but I think it might have a cooling effect on Howie at the moment, but that said it could be great for anyone slumping. Its particularly important when you're in such a position due to your starting pitching.

I think they close it out tonight, I'd be honestly surprised if not.

6 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I usually wouldn't care too much about the rest but I think it might have a cooling effect on Howie at the moment, but that said it could be great for anyone slumping. Its particularly important when you're in such a position due to your starting pitching.

I think they close it out tonight, I'd be honestly surprised if not.

This team just has that look!!!! They are tough their young and they have a belief and you can see the focus!!! A 7 run first inning is how you start it!!!