Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Couldn't justify the 700 or so for tickets but I hope to at least get to the parade if they win

There were some Nats fans saying that they would save a bit of money by flying to Houston and buying tickets there.  When I last looked, over $800 for standing room only.  

Nats season-ticket holders who are getting extra tickets are making a killing.  

I can’t believe what a hurtin they put on the Stros last night! That was awesome!

I hope Rendon gets the MVP this year and Strausburg gets the Cy Young and the Lerner’s better outbid everyone to keep both guys!

I don’t care if they have to give each of them $300 mil contracts, they need to do it for these two!

Bats went quiet in big moments, can’t have that if were going to win the World Series. I did like how the bull pen pitched tonight. 

I was wondering what happened to Ross and why he hasn’t gotten any work out of the pen this post season. I thought he looked good. I hope Davey uses him as a long reliever for the rest of the series. He can give them a few innings if needed tomorrow and beyond. I like how he looked toward the end of the season and tonight.

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Frustrating loss.  A lot of guys left on base tonight.  

Not that many, only 10 in scoring position! Lol 😂 

I cant believe that Soto didn’t get a hit and Rendon didn’t do much either. It goes w/o saying that we need those two to produce if we’re going to win the World Series.

Zimmerman barely, barely missed a home run! If he gets that and they don’t get the home run off the foul pole, it’s a different game. We were unlucky there.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The strike zone was highly questionable last night

True, but they still lost bc they left 10 guys on base in scoring position.

As crazy as it sounds, the game really hinges on just a foot or two for each team.

If Zimmerman’s home run is a foot to the right, that’s a 3-run home run and the Nats are up 4-3 in I think the 6th inning, or maybe it was the 7th.

Then, the Stros hitter hit the foul pole for a home run the next inning.

It really was a game of inches last night.

We have a definite pitching matchup advantage today which means the Astros bats are going to have to work a little bit harder to tie this series. Regardless for them, game 5 is winnable with Gerrit Cole tomorrow UNLESS his last 2 outings are signs of slowing down and the season wearing on him.

• Like 1

If Corbin sucks, I hope they turn to Joe Ross in the mid innings to see what he has. I’m a believer in Joe Ross being a good pitcher for the Nats, either as a future 4th or 5th starter, or long reliever. I liked what I saw out of him last night, 2 innings and only gave up one hit!

I hope Corbin pitches well, but if he doesn’t Davey shouldn’t hesitate to go to Ross after a few innings for some long relief.

‪Again, why didn't Davey use Joe Ross in the 7th instead or Rainey and now Rodney? I don't understand why they won't use Joe Ross? He pitched two innings of scoreless baseball last night & he was on fire in August & September! ‬

Why the hell does Davey keep going to effin Rainey and Rodney?