Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Trade Bryce Harper while you can before he becomes a FA. The season is over.

If they thought they could get value for Harper, they might do it. Unfortunately, there's no way they get value for him in the season. So, the best they can do is hope they can re-sign him or maybe get a compensation pick in the 2019 draft if he leaves (I don't fully understand that system either, so I don't know if they'd get anything).

That said, Soto and Robles (when he gets healthy) would be solid replacements should Harper leave.

34 minutes ago, Woz said:

If they thought they could get value for Harper, they might do it. Unfortunately, there's no way they get value for him in the season. So, the best they can do is hope they can re-sign him or maybe get a compensation pick in the 2019 draft if he leaves (I don't fully understand that system either, so I don't know if they'd get anything).

That said, Soto and Robles (when he gets healthy) would be solid replacements should Harper leave.

I was half joking because around these parts some want to trade away every DC franchises best players. Whether it was Trent Williams last year, or John Wall, or Ovechkin. Obviously the best athletes in DC are the problem and the main reason the teams haven’t won a championship...

:roll: my eyes! ? 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I was half joking because around these parts some want to trade away every DC franchises best players. Whether it was Trent Williams last year, or John Wall, or Ovechkin. Obviously the best athletes in DC are the problem and the main reason the teams haven’t won a championship...

Oh, I know.

I was showing that it wasn't comparable. If Harper had his uber contract now, then maybe we could put it in the same category as the others.

As it stands, he doesn't, so no team is going to deal for him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Round these parts, DC hasn't won a championship in 26 years. In other parts, there are some franchises that moved on from stars, rebuilt, and won championships.

I like championships.

You like star players and are first in line to protect them... even making false claims while doing so (tell me more about Wall's contested shots and how it hurts his shooting %).  O.o 

11 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Round these parts, DC hasn't won a championship in 26 years. In other parts, there are some franchises that moved on from stars, rebuilt, and won championships.

I like championships.

You like star players and are first in line to protect them... even making false claims while doing so (tell me more about Wall's contested shots and how it hurts his shooting %).  O.o 

You can only win championships if you have great players. Trading them away makes your team worse, not better.

Subtracting 50 to 60 points per game off of any basketball team by getting rid of their best player is going to have a negative effect on that team over the course of 82 games, and mostly likely that team Wouldn’t make the playoffs without that player’s production.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You can only win championships if you have great players. Trading them away makes your team worse, not better.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Subtracting 50 to 60 points per game off of any basketball team by getting rid of their best player is going to have a negative effect on that team over the course of 82 games, and mostly likely that team Wouldn’t make the playoffs without that player’s production.

Why do you ignore the numerous examples of teams trading away star players and rebuilding... some rebuilding and winning championships? Why?

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy????

hqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Why do you ignore the numerous examples of teams trading away star players and rebuilding... some rebuilding and winning championships? Why?

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy????

hqdefault.jpg

Because there are even more examples of it not working too. Or examples of teams finally getting their **** together and winning it.

The main difference between the Nationals and the Wizards: the GM for the Nationals is considered one of the best in the game. The GM for the Wizards is ... Ernie Grunfeld.

I don't think the whole "trade/dump Ovechkin" makes as much sense since it seems the current team construction for the Capitals is alright (and thus the front office is actually competent), but then again, I haven't really paid it any attention so I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy????

hqdefault.jpg

Numerous? Such as?

Also, you have to consider who the GM is like Woz said. You’re assuming that if Wall is traded away that Ernie would be gone too - or you should if you think your theory would work - I know that Ernie isn’t going to be fire unless the Wizards go to a bottom feeder. For the wizards to be a bottom feeder, they’d not only have to trade away Wall, but also Beal and they’d have to fire Ernie because I don’t think he’s capable of drafting or signing a better player than Wall. 

If you’re the GM of the Wizards and that’s the proposal you bring to Ted, he’d fire you on the spot, and he should! Plain and simple!

There’s no combination of players the wizards could get back for Wall and Beal both that is going to magically make them an NBA Finals team. 

That’s a piple dream, and I’m not smoking that funky stuff! 

Edited by turtle28