Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

On 6/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, turtle28 said:

Because I don't really care. I’m not much of a baseball fan at all, it’s behind soccer and lacrosse for me as an exciting sport to watch. Let me know if the franchise ever wins a playoff series...

FYI - we won a couple playoff series and the championship.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:48 AM, turtle28 said:

The Nats are very young in sereral spots. I expect them to improve. Robles & Soto hopefully have long futures in DC; same with Turner.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, MikeT14 said:

Can't wait to fire Davey still.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:13 AM, turtle28 said:

Bryce returns, hits a home run and the Nats get blown out!

Turner gets hurt again, such is the life of a DC sports fan!

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, lavar703 said:

Apparently letting your generational talent walk away isn’t a good idea after all....

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Cancel the season

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:22 PM, ripsean21 said:

Yeah this is embarrassing 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, lavar703 said:

It’s starting to look like letting Harper walk was a huge mistake. 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, ripsean21 said:

It was always going to be a mistake!!!!!

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, Woz said:

This is a 0.650 or so equivalent team with a 0.300 or so equivalent bullpen. Expect a 82-82 season.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:43 AM, MikeT14 said:

Nats suck. Davey sucks. Pen sucks. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, ripsean21 said:

This team is just completely disappointing!!

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:43 PM, turtle28 said:

They’re awful

Thought we could take time to laugh at (y)ourselves. [I wasn't a part of the forum just yet]

Doesn't the end result feel EVEN BETTER now!?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Thought we could take time to laugh at (y)ourselves. [I wasn't a part of the forum just yet]

So you're saying it wasn't just me??

I can this much, others led the fire Davey Now message far before I did. I was very late to that bandwagon. Some wanted him fired last year.

As I said in twitter last night:

We should have hired Bud Black... Oh wait, too late for that?

Haha 😂 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Of course it does. I tried to call into Grant and Danny to issue a public apology to Davey but couldn't get through.

(Pen still sucks). :P

Almost every fan wanted him fired and most of the media in May/June, he made us all eat crow and I'm glad he did!

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Almost every fan wanted him fired and most of the media in May/June, he made us all eat crow and I'm glad he did!

Not only did they want him gone, there were people talking about trading Rendon, Scherzer, etc and tearing it down.  

This is going to be an interesting off-season, specifically for Strasburg and Rendon in free agency, as well as how the rest of the roster construction is going to play out.  But we also know how cheap the Lerner's are with managers, and Martinez is going into the last year of his deal, so that's another thing to watch. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:
On 4/16/2019 at 10:29 AM, Woz said:

This is a 0.650 or so equivalent team with a 0.300 or so equivalent bullpen. Expect a 82-82 season.

I wasn't wrong though. It was a 0.650 team, shackled to a 0.300 bullpen.

What I didn't expect was for them to upgrade slightly to a 0.450 or so bullpen with the addition of a 42 year old Fernando Rodney, combined with some deadline deals to bring it up to a meeting the equivalent of the offense.

But yes, the end result feels DAMN NICE!

• Like 1

Any suggestions on where to park downtown? I wanna go to the parade, but my 1 year old didn't tolerate the metro very well a couple weeks ago. We tried to take Metro to the zoo. We got on at Vienna and made it two stops before we realized she wanted to walk/crawl over everything.

It doesn't have to be a block away from the site. And we're going to go down early and let her walk around a mueuem to burn off some energy. 

So any decent garages a few blocks away from the mall that can handle a CX-5?

28 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Any suggestions on where to park downtown? I wanna go to the parade, but my 1 year old didn't tolerate the metro very well a couple weeks ago. We tried to take Metro to the zoo. We got on at Vienna and made it two stops before we realized she wanted to walk/crawl over everything.

It doesn't have to be a block away from the site. And we're going to go down early and let her walk around a mueuem to burn off some energy. 

I will be parking around Chinatown convention center area and walking the 5 or 6 blocks

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Hotels sometimes have hourly parking that might not break the bank.

12 hours ago, Slateman said:

Lafant Plaza by the department of energy. It's near the Air & Space Museum, like a 3 block walk or you could park near the Hamilton or Press Club.

600 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005

Press Club is on 14th too. It's a few blocks from PA Avenue. Can always park at 101 Constitution Ave NW too. It's right near the Capitol.

Edited by turtle28