Jump to content

Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think Donaldson is out

I think so too now that the signed Castro. They also like Kieboom - hopefully he develops more over this next year - plus they have Howie back and Cabrera. They have 4 guys who can play 1st, 2nd and 3rd base. Cabrera can also play SS, as can Castro and Kieboom so they have 4 players that can play SS as well.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Woz said:

Zimmerman is a free agent.

Yeah, I realized that after I wrote that. I don’t understand why Zimm & Adams haven’t been re-signed. It’s clear we need them both, especially now with Rendon gone for their offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, not an Adams fan?

Adams is good for one thing. Bombs. And he had some clutch ones last year, but like Slate said, I'd rather just platoon Howie and Zimm there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Adams is good for one thing. Bombs. And he had some clutch ones last year, but like Slate said, I'd rather just platoon Howie and Zimm there. 

Howie and Zimmerman are old and injury prone. I love thrm but I can’t trust on the combo of Zimmerman - always injured - to stay healthy. Matt Adams should be kept IMO bc he’s in his prime and bc of the age/injury history of Zimmerman/Kendrick. 

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, not an Adams fan?

 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Adams is good for one thing. Bombs. And he had some clutch ones last year, but like Slate said, I'd rather just platoon Howie and Zimm there. 

He's not even good for that. Want dingers? Go get Thames. Also a marketed improvement over Dozier in the shirtless department. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slateman said:

 

He's not even good for that. Want dingers? Go get Thames. Also a marketed improvement over Dozier in the shirtless department. 

Fair enough, I don’t know much about baseball at all other than how the game works. I don’t follow it like I do football and basketball bc it’s boring. I really only pay attention to the playoffs. If you say they should get this other dude, I defer to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Slateman said:

 

He's not even good for that. Want dingers? Go get Thames. Also a marketed improvement over Dozier in the shirtless department. 

I'll disagree. 

Thames is a little more versatile so I get that, but his K ratio is about the same as Adams, and the HR ratio is the same too. What'd you'd get extra is the walks and higher average which is better for leverage situations but how much more is he going to cost?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll disagree. 

Thames is a little more versatile so I get that, but his K ratio is about the same as Adams, and the HR ratio is the same too. What'd you'd get extra is the walks and higher average which is better for leverage situations but how much more is he going to cost?

Good point. Thanks for explaining that bc I knew zippy about that before you did.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...