Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Amazing he still had 11 Ks through, what, 5 1/3? Fastball was def missing, and he knows it. He'll be fine. 

I agree, and he was facing one of the best line ups in the league. Having Judge & Staton in the middle of that order is murders row for the Yanks.

I shouldn't be so hard on Max, but I just hold him to such a high standard and it seems like whenever he misses he gives up a home run like last night to Stanton.

At the same time I have no doubt he’ll be fine, he's always one of the best.

I just got an email from the Nationals, and they are offering 3 "ball park" meal packages for $75, includes food for 2-3 people, sides, drinks, etc.  The grill back includes two hot dogs and four sausages.  You also get a Victor Robles World Series bobblehead and a chance to get a foul ball.  They will deliver food contactless up to an hour before the game and you cook it at home.  Pretty smart idea to get the food out there, and that's pretty reasonable all things considered.  

If anyone orders and doesn't want their bobblehead, let me know and I'll send you my address.  If they send it with dry ice, let me know and I'll pay you for a package and the money to send it to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just got an email from the Nationals, and they are offering 3 "ball park" meal packages for $75, includes food for 2-3 people, sides, drinks, etc.  The grill back includes two hot dogs and four sausages.  You also get a Victor Robles World Series bobblehead and a chance to get a foul ball.  They will deliver food contactless up to an hour before the game and you cook it at home.  Pretty smart idea to get the food out there, and that's pretty reasonable all things considered.  

If anyone orders and doesn't want their bobblehead, let me know and I'll send you my address.  If they send it with dry ice, let me know and I'll pay you for a package and the money to send it to me. 

That's nice, I’m sure I could make a ballpark hot dog, sausages and food for myself for cheaper. Heck, for $75 I could make almaot enough for a week w/ drinks and sides.

The draw is obviously the bobblehead. That I can't make myself, but I'm sure at some point I could buy one in the future.

Nice try Lerners. Whoever buys these are suckers! Haha 😂 

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's nice, I’m sure I could make a ballpark hot dog, sausages and food for myself for cheaper. Heck, for $75 I could make almaot enough for a week w/ drinks and sides.

The draw is obviously the bobblehead. That I can't make myself, but I'm sure at some point I could buy one in the future.

Nice try Lerners. Whoever buys these are suckers! Haha 😂 

I believe the bobblehead was supposed to be a giveaway.  

Since I have an affinity for ballpark food and bobbleheads I don’t mind spending money on this.  I would probably spend that much on a trip to the ballpark sitting in left field like I usually do for Nats bobbleheads. 

Nats fall to 1-4, Castro w/ 2 errors that led to 3 unearned runs for the Blue Jays - hopefully that’s an outlier for him. 

Meanwhile Rendon hit a two run homer in the Angels win yesterday.

Good news is Soto has now had two negative COVID-19 tests. He just needs to get approved by the MLB & Washington, DC and he can return. He’ll hopefully play in their next game. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, turtle28 said:

I agree, and he was facing one of the best line ups in the league. Having Judge & Staton in the middle of that order is murders row for the Yanks.

I shouldn't be so hard on Max, but I just hold him to such a high standard and it seems like whenever he misses he gives up a home run like last night to Stanton.

At the same time I have no doubt he’ll be fine, he's always one of the best.

When you throw that hard always working the zone your gonna give up jacks Scherzer always has. But he is a beast because he attacks the zone every pitch he’s throwing something you coulda hit and he just makes guys look bad every week it’s awesome. Our team isn’t even close to full go and def not in rythm I think by mid season we’re rolling.