Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

15 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s been a rougher start this year then last. But we’re still getting things done but our pitching has simply been the worse I’ve seen. Hopefully Stras gets going soon

This team is Dr Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde. One game they can’t miss the ball and will score in the teens and then the next game they can’t even put 3 or 4 runs on the board.

They badly miss Rendon - yes, I know Rendon hasn’t been great at the Angels but his presence in the lineup helped regardless of his production -Zimmerman and even a big bat like Matt Adams for when Zimmerman couldn’t play. I guess Thames is supposed to be our new Matt Adams but Thames has been and is an inconsistent player. Thames is hitting a higher average than Adams but Thames doesn’t have a home run & only 2 RBI’s - he's left a lot runners on base - and Adams has 2 home runs & 7 RBI’s.

Then, Doolittle’s issues & Strasburg’s issues aren’t a major problem and on top of that Scherzer isn’t 100% and our FA long reliever upgrade Harris got hurt too. Joe Ross opting out hurt the back end of our rotation and Sanchez seems to have hit the wall in his career and he may be done as a starter, if he wants to continue to pitch, he might have to become a long reliever.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Kind of hard to get away from the WS MVP, but it wasn't like it didn't come with risks.

I always said they could afford both and should’ve given Rendon the up front $ he wanted. It’s not like I didn’t want Strasburg too, but if I had my choice I’d take the everyday more reliable player.

I’d also say while Strasburg got the WS MVP, it’s not like Rendon couldn’t have easily been given that award too. They should’ve been co-MVPs IMHO. 

Edited by turtle28

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I always said they could afford both

Unless they wanted to blow through the luxury tax and qualify as a multiyear offender, no they couldn't have.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

should’ve given Rendon the up front $ he wanted. It’s not like I didn’t want Strasburg too, but if I had my choice I’d take the everyday more reliable player.

I understand this sentiment. I suspect Strasburg may have done more to be Mr. Washington from a political, behind-the-scenes perspective, but I have no evidence of that.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’d also say while Strasburg got the WS MVP, it’s not like Rendon couldn’t have easily been given that award too. They should’ve been co-MVPs IMHO. 

True. Again, it was a hard call.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...