Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

On 4/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

I have tickets to tonights game against the Marlins and I will not be able to go. Is it against the rules to offer them here? I'd rather they not go to waste we just have stuff planned for the evening.

Damn! I wish I had seen this! I would’ve taken my Dad, GF, or brother in law!

9 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

My wife would have been so out of it by the time extra innings even became a thing.

My GF likes sports. At least she likes to be at the events and somewhat knows what’s going on, what sucks is she’s a ravens fan. 😂 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

“We’ve heard all the hitting feats and records tied/broken during that time. 16 home runs in 18 games. More than eight whole teams over the course of 18 days. Tied for the most ever in an 18 game span. 25 home runs on the season in 69 games. Tied for fewest games played to reach 25 in Expos/Nationals history. Most home runs in 75 plate appearances. 8 homers in a 5 day span, which has only been done twice before. Most home runs in a calendar month in franchise history. We could go on and on.

Best of all, the Nationals are 9-1 in games during that stretch where Shwarber has homered.

Nationals outfielder Kyle Schwarber is hitting home runs, and almost exclusively home runs.

Maybe the most eye popping stat of all is Schwarber is hitting home runs and not much else. Since June 12, he has raised his batting average 35 points. He is hitting a career best .253 at the moment. For a guy who has always hit for power not average, maybe we shouldn’t be surprised to know during his home run deluge he has just eight hits which are not home runs.”

https://districtondeck.com/2021/06/30/washington-nationals-kyle-schwarbers-binge/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

FYI, that cycle has Trea tied for the Major League record for career cycles. 

Yeah and I didn’t realize he wasn’t selected to the All-Star game! That’s some BS. I guess the silver lining is he’ll get a rest for the 2nd half of the season. 🤷‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah and I didn’t realize he wasn’t selected to the All-Star game! That’s some BS. I guess the silver lining is he’ll get a rest for the 2nd half of the season. 🤷‍♂️ 

As a starter I think. He'll get in as a reserve. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welp they aren’t going to pay Trea either. I’m getting dangerously close to just not caring anymore. The Lerners are just pocketing the money and letting the team rot. It’s kinda ridiculous to be one of the richest owners in baseball and simultaneously let all of your stars walk away. I guess I should prepare for Soto to be gone in three years. 

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Welp they aren’t going to pay Trea either. I’m getting dangerously close to just not caring anymore. The Lerners are just pocketing the money and letting the team rot.

Payroll rank by year: 

13: 12th
14: 9th
15: 6th
16: 6th
17: 9th
18: 5th
19: 7th
20: 12th
21: 9th

I'm lost. Yeah, it sucked losing Rendon. Harper. Okay, but I don't think we were ever actually keeping him regardless. What else am I truly missing? They went out and signed players. They extended Strasburg. Twice. 

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s kinda ridiculous to be one of the richest owners in baseball and simultaneously let all of your stars walk away. 

Rendon was heartbreaking. Absolutely. We haven't lost Trea yet. Jordan Zimmermann? Hell, that was a blessing. I'm lost on this just because we haven't locked up Trea yet? 

I didn't see a feasible way long term to keep paying who we were and keep Strasburg, Rendon, Harper, Trea, forever.