• Bosa
    • Bama Dt
    • Murray
    • Haskins
    • Horny
    • Trade back in the top 5
    • Trade back top 15 for a big haul
    • Other player

As browns fans we are more comfortable talking about the top of the draft than the middle or the bottom of it. 

Usually I have to know about 3 players, this year I have to learn 30. What the hell. 

If we were in Arizona shoes, which we were 1 year ago, and a year before that and pretty much the year before that as well, what would you do?

Am I the GM or am I the head coach?

I don't have a single shred of belief in Josh Rosen at all. 

If I were the GM I would trade him for the first offer that came my way regardless of value. I don't care if its a late round pick the guy is garbage and will never amount to anything. After Josh Rosen is gone then you have to try to sign or trade for a veteran of some sort then the debate comes down to Nick Bosa and Kyler Murray. I don't know if Murray can succeed in the NFL but I am more than willing to risk my career on him than Josh Rosen and its not even close.

If I were the HC and I am forced into an arraigned marriage by the Front Office than I sign a resignation and leave for a different job. Again I am not going to let Josh Rosen taint my career. He is not worth the gamble in the slightest.

If I’m not sold on Rosen, I deal him. I didn’t draft him and have nothing invested in him. I then take my Franchise QB.

If I’m 💯 sold on him, I sell it for a King’s ransom. They’re awful.

If I can’t get enough value from a trade, I take Bosa, Williams, or Oliver...basically whichever guy I think is best. 

You trade back. For as big of a haul as you can get. Nobody in the top 5 is giving what I'd want this year. I'd be looking at JAX/NYG/MIA/WAS.

AZ has soooooo many needs right now, like, that is a TERRIBLE roster outside of a handful of guys. I would be prepping for a two year rebuild. And that sucks, cause I think Rosen can be good and would be worried about ruining him. But I just don't see a realistic scenario where they are good again this year or next, so you might as well try to end up being amazing in 2021.

I feel the Cardinals just suffered a long-term relationship breakup (Palmer) and spent the night at the club (NFL Draft) scoping out their options. But as the guys were chosen one-by-one, they talked themselves into all the positives of one smart-seeming loner (Rosen), without thinking about how they would feel about him in the long run. They wake up the next morning, and in the harsh light of day, all his flaws are readily apparent and glaring as he's preparing them a weak-sauce cup of coffee and stale bagel. He means well, but his ability to WOW just isn't there. They have their polite, sometimes awkwardly bad conversation over breakfast and part ways with a promise to call. Out on a walk, the Cardinals start reflecting on themselves, thinking about what a mess they've been since their last relationship and how they've let themselves go since they Dad (Arians) moved out of town. Maybe they judged that boy too harshly; he trying to do all the right things, but recalling those morning conversations, he just didn't have much of a support system of his own either. The Cardinals get out their phone, romantically hopeful, and determined to at least give him one more shot.

Oh, trade down.

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Rosen will have a breakout year similar to Goff.

Yeah I wouldn't give up on Rosen yet. He can play, maybe he gets better from experience and maybe he needs a specific scheme brought in to play to his strengths because he didn't really adapt well as a rookie. That said, if you love a QB at #1 you take him because that opportunity doesn't happen often. I don't think you trade Rosen yet even if you draft a QB at #1 though, his stock is low and he likely beats out the rookie and could improve his value.

I'd probably go for a trade down, don't really know much about the Cardinals roster whether I'd go way back or just slide a little.

Archived