Brandon Graham: 3 year Extension (somewhere Powerelite cries)

Kiltman

Looks like it’s really a 2 year $27 million dollar deal. I think it’s fine to sure up the position. He’s a good player who had a slightly down year due to injury.

lets you not reach on a young guy this year if there isn’t one. But that’s coming this year or next.

1 hour ago, ianlewis16 said:

i get that his pressure stats were still high last year. the point i'm more making is that i would have gotten out now, before the production falls off even more. he was invisible for the first half of last year. 

Get out a year before rather than a year too late. Which is what I’d prefer as well. I can live with it if we can cut him after 2020. Which I will guarantee is what happens. He’s been a good Eagle, no real need to be upset about it. But doing these contracts with emotion is starting to worry me. Foles, Peters,  and now BG were all contracts we did to facilitate good faith with players. Good morale and all but the evil empire in NE have been iron fisting their way to 20 years or SBs. More than one way to skin a cat and all but business is business my friend. 

• Like 1

Fan of Graham as a person and captain. But never been a fan of Graham the player still I had mixed feelings about letting him go. Aside from a feel good stand point, I don´t like this deal much. It seems like a lot of money for a guy of his production and age. Would rather have gone with the mystery box that was the supposed ¨big splash at DE¨.

Oh well, I´ll take it as the price to pay for having a Super Bowl clinching player. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Get out a year before rather than a year too late. Which is what I’d prefer as well. I can live with it if we can cut him after 2020. Which I will guarantee is what happens. He’s been a good Eagle, no real need to be upset about it. But doing these contracts with emotion is starting to worry me. Foles, Peters,  and now BG were all contracts we did to facilitate good faith with players. Good morale and all but the evil empire in NE have been iron fisting their way to 20 years or SBs. More than one way to skin a cat and all but business is business my friend. 

exactly. teams (basically the pats) that stay ahead of the curve this way are the ones who are successful. i can easily see his production and time being significantly taken by Barnett and hopefully Sweat? and maybe another rook? at which poiint we might just  be paying 13 mill for morale again

46 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

exactly. teams (basically the pats) that stay ahead of the curve this way are the ones who are successful. i can easily see his production and time being significantly taken by Barnett and hopefully Sweat? and maybe another rook? at which poiint we might just  be paying 13 mill for morale again

Barnett is coming off injury, Sweat hasnt shown much, Chris Long retiring? Too many Question Marks at DE to simply let him walk and hope to find a replacement. A guy like Frank Clark isnt guaranteed to come here. Rookies arent guaranteed to produce. Re-Sign BG and start grooming guys like Sweat.

B-Rex has been the epitome of a player that the stat sheet doesn't do justice. He is amazing at setting the edge on run plays, and generates quite a bit of pressure. Of course due to those stubs for arms he doesn't hit home as much as we need him to. He also definitely has tendency to go invisible at times. The money seems that it is a tier below top flight pass rusher money though, which to me is about right for him.