LB Olivier Vernon traded to Browns for RG Kevin Zeitler

Acgott

6 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

No surprises here. Too much money that needs to be used elsewhere for growing this team. Really hope we can trade him for some type of draft picks.

It won't be a lot, teams know he is likely to be cut. He is expensive, injury prone, and average. Don't get your hopes up.

On 01/03/2019 at 5:47 PM, Acgott said:

It won't be a lot, teams know he is likely to be cut. He is expensive, injury prone, and average. Don't get your hopes up.

I wouldn’t say he is average at all. Expensive and injury prone is the appropriate way I’d describe him. When he’s healthy, which he barely was, he’s was a disruptive player 

4 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

WOW... 2 MORE picks!!!... WOW... plus a top 5 guard??!!!.. Im down!

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, we aren't getting two more picks.  We are giving up one of our 4ths for a 5th.  So  moving down a round to make the trade, which I'm fine with.  After this past year Vernon didn't seem to fit here and Gettleman wanted him out.  It solidifies our offensive line save for right tackle, but makes what was already a need a bigger one.  At this point, I'd be surprised if we didn't go defense in the first round.

1 minute ago, Gmen19851 said:

Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, we aren't getting two more picks.  We are giving up one of our 4ths for a 5th.  So  moving down a round to make the trade, which I'm fine with.  After this past year Vernon didn't seem to fit here and Gettleman wanted him out.  It solidifies our offensive line save for right tackle, but makes what was already a need a bigger one.  At this point, I'd be surprised if we didn't go defense in the first round.

Ya my bad I read the article wrong. Changed my statement

1 minute ago, Gmen19851 said:

Honestly I don't think Gettleman is done with the oline. I highly anticipate he's going after Daryl Williams when FA opens next week. After that they are gonna sign 1/2 more FAs such as an Edge or LB. I think they are gonna zone in on Trey Flowers and Pierre Desir. After that he's going balls to the wall in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Honestly I don't think Gettleman is done with the oline. I highly anticipate he's going after Daryl Williams when FA opens next week. After that they are gonna sign 1/2 more FAs such as an Edge or LB. I think they are gonna zone in on Trey Flowers and Pierre Desir. After that he's going balls to the wall in the draft. 

With our current roster, I think Josh Allen is the perfect pick for us.  I don't think he'll be there, but with maybe two QB's going before we pick, you never know

13 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

With our current roster, I think Josh Allen is the perfect pick for us.  I don't think he'll be there, but with maybe two QB's going before we pick, you never know

Honestly Josh Allen would be amazing but i just dont see him being a Gettleman type guy. The guy im thinking were keying in on is Ed Oliver. This guy has that attitude that Gettleman likes. That big mean, nasty to play against attitude. Last year i wrote a mock draft on another website and i predicted Barkley and Hernandez were our first 2 guys he would take and i was spot on. I can see him this time around going after Oliver in rd1 and then he's going LB in rd2.. Possibly Mack Wilson

Solder/Hernandez/Halapio/Zeitler is a pretty damn good line. Just need a RT to round it out. I'm a big Jonah Williams fan- if we were to take him at 6, we have a top-5 line. Not gonna happen, but it is fun to think about. Barkley is about to break the rushing record.

Archived