Tavon Wilson, saves $2,950,000

Kenny Wiggins, saves $2,750,000

Sam Martin, saves $2,000,000

Resigned: 

Levine Toilolo,

Zach Zenner

Romeo Okwara

FA:

WR- Adam Humphries- Perfect slot WR that is ready to break out with a bigger role. Really, really underrated WR.

S- Landon Collins- MP likes to play 3 S's in his defense and Collins is a playmaker! Walker still plays FS with Diggs and Collins both starting in the rover role with Diggs ability to cover in the slot if needed.

LB- Anthony Barr- PERFECT MP Jack LB. The guy can rush the passer, play in coverage, heck he can even play in the middle of the D on passing down moving JD from that role.

CB- Morris Claiborne- Good stop gap CB that allows us to develop a replacement via the draft but not rely on them immediately.

WR- John Brown- Lions need a blazer on the outside opposite Kenny G. Brown was having a great season until Lamar Jackson got the starting job in BAL. Much needed boost of speed to the offense.

Trade:

AShawn Robinson to HOU for CB Kevin Johnson. AR has been reportedly saying he wont return next year and Johnson is on the outs in HOU. KJ is a bigger CB that can play press.

Marvin Jones to PIT for a 3rd rd pick. MJ doesnt mesh with coaching staff from reports and PIT will need another WR opposite Juju once they trade AB.

Draft:

1- DT/DE-Ed Oliver- dominates in run game and can play DE and NT in a MP scheme. It will be him or RaSean Gary at #8 if Lions stay there IMO and both are similar for the scheme. Lions may like Gary more because he will test to be much more athletic.

2- G/T- Dalton Risner- The guy is an Alpha male that the OL needs. He steps in day one as the starter at RG but also has ability to play RT and C.

3- TE- Issac Nauta- Big TE that can block and catch. Very underutilized at UGA and will be a draft day steal. 

3- RB- Miles Sanders- Showed excellent speed today at the combine. Really shifty change of pace RB that replaces Theo in the offense.

4- WR- David Sills- Ultra productive in college and a big outside target. A RZ weapon with over 30 TD catches last 2 years of college. He seems to fit what Bevell looks for in some of his WRs taken in SEA with Kearse, Kris Durham, McCovoy.

5- DE/LB- Sutton Smith- The guy was a monster coming off the edge in college but he is too small to stay there in the NFL. I would try to move him to ILB and see if he could do it. He at worst is an ace STer day one and situational pass rusher.

6- DT- Dylan Mack- Huge short NT that plays like a beast but has a low motor at times. Maybe Snacks can take him under his wing.

6- TE- Zach Gentry- Big TE that still needs some development but is 6'8 265 lbs and can move. We need a boost in TE depth and at worst he is a big RZ threat.

7- LB- Ty Summers- Athletic LB that can be an excellent STer. I am really not sure why he is not rated higher. I even think he has potential competing for a LB role.

7- WR- Hunter Renfrow- always seems to make plays and is a gamer. Really he is an Adam Humpries clone even down to the same college.

There some good and some bad with this.  Not a fan of signing Claiborne--never lived up to the hype.  Not a fan of signing Landon Collins--he had one really good season, I would rather sign Adrian Amos or Tre Boston.  John Brown can't stay healthy.  I liked the Marvin Jones trade.  On the fence on the Robinson trade.  Not a huge fan of Ed Oliver at #8 but like Dalton Risner.  Round 3 is too early for Nuata.  The latter rounds are solid.  The overall effort was solid but I would disagree with quite a bit of it.

10 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

There some good and some bad with this.  Not a fan of signing Claiborne--never lived up to the hype.  Not a fan of signing Landon Collins--he had one really good season, I would rather sign Adrian Amos or Tre Boston.  John Brown can't stay healthy.  I liked the Marvin Jones trade.  On the fence on the Robinson trade.  Not a huge fan of Ed Oliver at #8 but like Dalton Risner.  Round 3 is too early for Nuata.  The latter rounds are solid.  The overall effort was solid but I would disagree with quite a bit of it.

Good points.

Claiborne has been much better the last 3 yrs and he is a solid stop gap with ability to battle with Johnson for starting CB opposite Slay. He wont cost much IMO so it was worth the risk.

I dont know how you do not like Collins as he is a straight playmaker and perfect fit for our scheme. That being said I like Amos but not Boston.

Good point on Brown but he is strictly a deep threat option that would come relatively cheap. Low risk High reward IMO.

I dont know how you cannot be a fan of Ed Oliver in a MP defense but like I said I can see them going Gary there at #8 unless something crazy happens and Bosa, Williams, or Allen drop to them at #8.

Nauta will rise on draft day. He is very talented and has played in some pro sets. In all honesty he may go in rd 2. Another TE to watch is Dalton Knox from Ole Miss.

Archived