Combine Impressions--O-Line and RB

Just Want A Title

Rather than try to evaluate the whole combine I figured it would be easier to talk about position groups.  My thoughts on specific players are:

Andre Dillard--How is this guy not talked about as a franchise LT.  6'5" 315lbs, with 10inch hands and a 4.96 40.  He is a top 15 pick even with 33inch arms (Joe Thomas had 33 inch arms)

Erik McCoy--Plug and play starter that I would love to see the Lions pick up in Round 2 but he may not last that long

Chris Lindstrom--See above 

Garret Bradbury--He is kind of short-armed looks like an awsome C

Oli Udoh--6'5", 323lbs, 35 inch arms 10 inch hands and a 5.05 40.  I don't seem him falling past Round 4

RBs

Devin Singletary--Terrible workout

Elijah Holyfield--See above

Ryquell Armstead--Had an awesome combine and worth a look

Justice Hill--See above

Miles Sanders--See above

Qadree Ollison--Had a great combine and worth a long look.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019-nfl-scouting-combine-results-tracker/

How does everyone else see things so far?

I still like OT/OG Dalton Risner in rd 2. Guy is a beast! The Miles Sanders secret is out. I was hoping to be able to get him in rd 4 or 5 and now he may go in rd 2 because he has good film as well.

This review mentions Andre Dillard and Jawaan Taylor very positively.  Considering the importance of OTs they don't seem to be generating as much buzz as they probably deserve.  Both have the talent to be top 15 picks.  I see a trade back with an OT-needy team like the Texans or the Panthers as a distinct possibility.  Justice Hill got some deservedly good press.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020161/article/nfl-combine-winnerslosers-justice-hill-puts-on-a-brief-show

Not sure whats up with Bryce Love, but why even show if you're not working out? Especailly for skill positions like RB/WR/CB... whatever. 

Justice Hill made his draft status through the combine. He's going to be a mid round guy now. He's just made his money. Same with the Temple running back imo, for get his name right now but it's kinda funky. (Running back from Temple for now.)

Linemen, idk, Alot of the combine is a grain of salt imo for O-linemen. Dillard is clearly athletic, but the same issues he had coming in are still there. An guys like Little/Taylor that could of worked out and shown how athletic they are at there size, didn't, so those guys didn't get an edge. The biggest winner maybe for me this combine for Olinemen is Yondy Cajuste and Devon Johnson from Ferris State! Dude measured in massive (6'7, 330+lbs) with good numbers in the 40/10yard shuttle. Not quite Terron Armstead like but still impressive. He's huge, he's really green(1 game of HS football.) I didn't know about him till today really. He earned himself, imo, a mid round pick(3rd-4th round). Great day for someone like him who wasn't on many radars. Combine did him well and he should be on everyone's radar/scope now. 

Dillard has always been considered a really good pass-protector and can handle speed rushers with no problem.  Most Senor Bowl reports had him showing fairly well against bull-rushers.  Other than adjusting to pro sets after playing the Air Raid" offense, what issues does he have?

12 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Dillard has always been considered a really good pass-protector and can handle speed rushers with no problem.  Most Senor Bowl reports had him showing fairly well against bull-rushers.  Other than adjusting to pro sets after playing the Air Raid" offense, what issues does he have?

Most of it is technique, from what I read across the internet. He's a bit of a leaner, bad hands, not a great "anchor", average strength overall. Stuff outside of strength the combine can't really prove for him. The Senior bowl was better for his draft stock imo. Combine just proved what most knew about his athletic ability already. If I was reading stuff like bad feet, slow, not athletic, then yeah he'd of raised his stock a lot but we knew he was an athletic guy going into the event. So I was just saying his problems for him are the same still. He didn't raise any new ones at least. 

I wasn't saying he's bad. I'm just viewing the event, and who actually raised/lowered his draft status. I think Dillard did everything to maintain his stock and the only thing that could of wow'd people was putting up 30+ reps on the bench or something like that to prove he's got more strength than maybe seen on tape. 

You should of put up polls for all these threads 

Then have the winner of each poll battle it out...

Because imo this pick could go so many different ways

Since this is the ol one my thoughts on it was williams looked small he should of been a center jmo

Dillard just feels limited right now zbs pass happy offence he imo would thrive with like the chiefs and their qb plus the comp he played against kinda risky jmo 

Idk how I feel about Taylor... hamstring...i kinda feel like he's full of ****... we'll see if he works at his pro day but just felt like a built in excuse if he had a bad combine 

Archived