Chiefs looking to add ... offense

Chiefs_5627

Oh boy, Jason La Canfora is usually pretty good with his ears.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-combine-2019-shopping-players-on-fifth-year-option-a-growing-trend-plus-more-insider-notes/

Chiefs looking to add ... offense

I continue to hear the Chiefs are, believe it or not, trying to do something big for an offensive skill player. Yes, despite all of the talent they have already amassed on that side of the ball, and despite their obvious issues on defense, they are sniffing around on trade options and some teams I spoke to wouldn't be shocked if they got in on Le'Veon Bell. Bottom line is don't be shocked if these guys come away with a big-time receiver or running back.

In the theme of drafting two years ahead, I can see this. The team drafted extensively for defense during the last two years. Now we have Speaks, TK, Nnadi, Do'D, Watts all ready to take larger roles and all suited to a 4-3 scheme. Looking two years down the road, we may need to rebuild the OL. Drafting Kelce's eventual replacement and depth at RB are also good moves. For the late rounds, we have age at both FB and LS.

J

It really depends on the grades we have on the players. If we think that there is an offensive guy left that is a clear cut top 10 or 15 pick and no defensive pick can match that, than we should take him in the first round. Same for the other rounds. Veach shouldn't make the same mistake as last year and reach for a player. He said he had Speaks graded as a 3rd round pick and yet traded up to pick him in the 2nd round, because he was the only guy left on that position that he had ranked in that group. If u had a 3rd round grade on him, than don't reach on that player in the 2nd round, just to fill that position of need. So if a similar situation occurs this year, i rather like to see us sitting on our current picks and draft the guys that are falling to us, than reaching for a position of need.

Wow this is great news. Brett Veach is seeing the exact same thing that I'm seeing. Our most easily fixable issue that prevented us from winning the championship was...? Offense. The Patriots doubling Tyreek Hill leading to that scoreless half was what did us in.

If Veach trades Ford, Houston, and Watkins and gets another elite WR and fills out the defense with some mid level budget guys I'll be stoked.

24 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Wow this is great news. Brett Veach is seeing the exact same thing that I'm seeing. Our most easily fixable issue that prevented us from winning the championship was...? Offense. The Patriots doubling Tyreek Hill leading to that scoreless half was what did us in.

If Veach trades Ford, Houston, and Watkins and gets another elite WR and fills out the defense with some mid level budget guys I'll be stoked.

What? 

6 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

What? 

Our defense was already worst in the league with these dudes, might as well go nuclear at this point while on offense we swap Watkins out for Antonio Brown who I can easily see enjoying playing for Mahomes and Reid after what he went through in PIT. 

Getting rid of Houston and Ford would just allow us to easily lock up Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill for the long term while giving us the wiggle room to get a better RB or something.

Did you know Dee Ford didn't even register a tackle against the Patriots? The guy is trash and I'm sick of people being overly hopeful about him on here. The reality is that he's not a physical specimen who can dominate opponents and he's far from a heady guy.... He just simply doesn't have the mental makeup to be an impact player for us in the big games. Hopefully we can actually get something out of him and aren't stuck paying him 16M next season which would kill out r flexibility to make other moves.

36 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Our defense was already worst in the league with these dudes, might as well go nuclear at this point while on offense we swap Watkins out for Antonio Brown who I can easily see enjoying playing for Mahomes and Reid after what he went through in PIT. 

Getting rid of Houston and Ford would just allow us to easily lock up Chris Jones and Tyreek Hill for the long term while giving us the wiggle room to get a better RB or something.

Did you know Dee Ford didn't even register a tackle against the Patriots? The guy is trash and I'm sick of people being overly hopeful about him on here. The reality is that he's not a physical specimen who can dominate opponents and he's far from a heady guy.... He just simply doesn't have the mental makeup to be an impact player for us in the big games. Hopefully we can actually get something out of him and aren't stuck paying him 16M next season which would kill out r flexibility to make other moves.

Watkins has a 22 Mil Dead Cap Hit, no way he is getting traded.  Would be one of the most boneheaded moves I would ever see.

You are also getting rid of the only part of the defense that got us off the field, to add to the offense?  Killing our pass rush and teams would literally hold the ball for 8-9 minutes every single possession.

52 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Just for a little context, what's your football background?

22 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Watkins has a 22 Mil Dead Cap Hit, no way he is getting traded.  Would be one of the most boneheaded moves I would ever see.

You are also getting rid of the only part of the defense that got us off the field, to add to the offense?  Killing our pass rush and teams would literally hold the ball for 8-9 minutes every single possession.

Had no idea on Watkins. I know we can cut him next season no problem so I assumed we could just still trade him before this season. Maybe it's still worth it to go after AB and let Watkins be a souped up Conley for a year.

Archived