FA predictions for your team

BZski

I am a Lions fan and we have a ton of cap space especially after we cut or restructure TJ Lang but here is who I think the Lions will get. I will most likely be wrong because Bob Quinn likes to sign under the radar guys (see Devon Kennard) but here we go:

WR- Adam Humphries- underutilized in TB IMO and he is the perfect slot WR to replace Golden Tate. This guy is going to be a steal!

OLB- Anthony Barr- He the perfect fit for a MP defense with his ability to rush the passer and cover. He was a little out of scheme in MIN IMO.

S- Landon Collins- Lions like former Giants defenders (Snacks, Okwara,Kennard) and we like to play 3 S's on D. Collins is the perfect fit and would be the crown jewel of our FA class.

We'll lose Trent Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson/Chris Hogan/Philip Dorsett, Malcom Brown, Danny Shelton and Trey Flowers. 

We'll re-sign Gostkowski, Allen, Simon and likely put a 2nd round tender on Jonathan Jones.

We won't sign anyone that could offset our 2020 compensation draft picks, so,

OT Cameron Fleming

RB Corey Grant

WR Chris Conley

DL Mike Pennel/margus Hunt

14 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

We'll lose Trent Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson/Chris Hogan/Philip Dorsett, Malcom Brown, Danny Shelton and Trey Flowers. 

We'll re-sign Gostkowski, Allen, Simon and likely put a 2nd round tender on Jonathan Jones.

We won't sign anyone that could offset our 2020 compensation draft picks, so,

OT Cameron Fleming

RB Corey Grant

WR Chris Conley

DL Mike Pennel/margus Hunt

Yea you guys got a nice thing going with the comp picks every year. TBH from an outsiders perspective it is frustrating Pats get a 3rd rd comp pick and more every year. I personally dont get the Flower love a lot of Lions fans are having with the MP connection. I just dont see him as a 15+ mil a season player. I really hope the Lions pass on that!

How was Humphries “underutilized” in TB?

The last two years  He played on an offense which featured Mike Evans DeSean Jackson OJ Howard. How much Targets was he supposed to get?

I forgot Chris Godwin who had 800 yards last season

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

How was Humphries “underutilized” in TB?

The last two years  He played on an offense which featured Mike Evans DeSean Jackson OJ Howard. How much Targets was he supposed to get?

I forgot Chris Godwin who had 800 yards last season

He is better than everyone of those players in the slot. They were loaded and you even forgot TE Brate but none had his skills as the route running, sure handed slot WR. If Jameis and Fitz were more accurate passers he would have been much more useful. Stafford will get the best out of Adam Humphries as he has been decent with pretty much a not quite terrible QB situation but pretty bad.

20 minutes ago, BZski said:

He is better than everyone of those players in the slot. They were loaded and you even forgot TE Brate but none had his skills as the route running, sure handed slot WR. If Jameis and Fitz were more accurate passers he would have been much more useful. Stafford will get the best out of Adam Humphries as he has been decent with pretty much a not quite terrible QB situation but pretty bad.

I don’t see how  Stafford is significantly more accurate at this point than the Bucs QBs on a whole. At least To the point where it would make that much of a difference in Humps production as your saying.

In fact  Staffords career completion percentages, YPA and Passer rating are basically indentical with Winston outgrading him in FO advanced QB ratings overall last season(16 for Winston to 20 For Stafford in DYAR, in 2017 10 for Stafford 11 for Winston)

45 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t see how  Stafford is significantly more accurate at this point than the Bucs QBs on a whole. At least To the point where it would make that much of a difference in Humps production as your saying.

In fact  Staffords career completion percentages, YPA and Passer rating are basically indentical with Winston outgrading him in FO advanced QB ratings overall last season(16 for Winston to 20 For Stafford in DYAR, in 2017 10 for Stafford 11 for Winston)

Stafford is twice the QB that Winston is....COME ON MAN! That and he is a much more accurate passer plus he has been riddled with WRs that drop the ball throughout his career (see Pettigrew, Ebron, etc). I dont even know how this is even debatable but ok.  

16 minutes ago, BZski said:

Stafford is twice the QB that Winston is....COME ON MAN! That and he is a much more accurate passer plus he has been riddled with WRs that drop the ball throughout his career (see Pettigrew, Ebron, etc). I dont even know how this is even debatable but ok.  

You haven’t provided any Evidence of this though. How can you be twice the QB someone is having basically the same career rate stats across the board playing in the same era

Completion Percentage Career

JW- 61.6

MS- 62.4

YPA Career

JW- 7.6

MS- 7.1

Passer Rating

JW- 87.8

MS- 88.4

YPG

JW- 261.2 

MS- 273.2

These are the advanced numbers from FO the last two seasons

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2017

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

JW-11 and 16th ranked QB

MS- 10th and 20th ranked QB

3 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You haven’t provided any Evidence of this though. How can you be twice the QB someone is having basically the same career rate stats across the board playing in the same era

Completion Percentage Career

JW- 61.6

MS- 62.4

YPA Career

JW- 7.6

MS- 7.1

Passer Rating

JW- 87.8

MS- 88.4

YPG

JW- 261.2 

MS- 273.2

These are the advanced numbers from FO the last two seasons

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb2017

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

JW-11 and 16th ranked QB

MS- 10th and 20th ranked QB

I get it you are a Pats fan and get to watch the GOAT every week but you go ahead and take Winston...I will roll with Matt Stafford LOL.

Ask yourself what Matt Stafford would have done with Evans, DJax, Humphries, Godwin, Brate, and Howard.

Stafford was throwing to Kenny G, and a band of misfits for half of last season.

6 hours ago, BZski said:

It's not like Hump has been this good his entire career. 😂

He deserves the $8M or more he's gonna get. Dude's worked his tail off to get better each year. But he hasn't been as good as the 800 yard 5 TD WR he was last year. 

Anthony Barr walks. Sheldon Richardson returns on a 3 year contract.

Trae Waynes is traded for a second round pick.

The Vikes bring in someone along the OL who can play the ZBS and has familiarity with Kubiak. Maybe Matt Paradis, Zane Beadles or Billy Turner. 

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes bring in someone along the OL who can play the ZBS and has familiarity with Kubiak. Maybe Matt Paradis, Zane Beadles or Billy Turner. 

Nailed it.  We need offensive line more than anywhere else and I wouldn’t be surprised if we address it in both free agency and the draft.  It’s the only chance we have of salvaging dalvin cook 

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

What do you think about losing Barr? Also you think you will get a 2nd for Waynes? Idk about that. I hope Barr is a Lion come FA tho.

Chiefs Cuts/Trades/Releases

• Eric Berry--Release. Worst contract in sports history. Signed the biggest contract for a safety in NFL history. Got injured during the first game after signing and in 2 seasons hasn't played a full game. He once cited his spirit didn't want him to play or something like during a game last season. He refuses to get surgery to fix the bone spur so this off season. I'm not sure if he will even play football again. He'd be a post june 1st cut. 
  • Justin Houston--Trade. 30 years old. Still a very good OLB. High price tag for the Chiefs cap wise but manageable for the receiving team (cap hit drops to 14mil). Given he plays a premium position and still one of the better pass rushers in the league he should be able to net a 3rd or 4th rounder. 
  • Dee Ford--Tag and Trade. They have tagged him and are listening to offers. He had a very good season last year, finally. Normally, I'd love for the Chiefs to lock up a player like he was last season but given his injury history and the fact that out of 5 seasons he had 1 very good one last year I wouldn't at all. After the big signing failures (EB and Houston) i'm gun shy in signing an injury prone player long term. Hopefully, can net a 2nd or 3rd+.

FA Targets

• Collins--I think they go hard after Collins if he's released. He had his best season in Spags defense and Dave Meritt was his position coach. Both are now on the Chiefs defensive staff. They will need safeties bad assuming they let go of everyone but Watts (Rookie last year that showed promise but injured) and Lucas RFA. Safety was their biggest need along with CB last year and will be this off season again.
  • Anthony Barr--I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs go after him. He's an ideal SAM LB fit in the Chiefs defense and if they do trade/cut Houston then they have no one else that could even play there IMO.
  • Trey Flowers--I could see interest here if Ford and Houston are gone. Brendan Daly, his position coach from NE, is now on the Chiefs staff. 
  • If they don't get Collins then look at Earl Thomas to get some attention from KC. He was a broken leg from becoming a Chief midway through the season. If not these two they will sign one of the many FA safeties. Too big of a hole.
  • Weak CB FA class, unfortunately.
  • Look for WR signing from KC. They lack depth with Chris Conley leaving. Watkins is a good bet to miss 5-6 games next season and that leaves Hill. 
  • They also need a 2nd TE

Archived