FA predictions for your team

BZski

Heard some rumblings of the Browns parting ways with Jamie Collins if hes unwilling to restructure and looking to target Anthony Barr as his replacement.

Would also not be surprised if Justin Houston is on their radar as the Cheifs trade partner given the John Dorsey connections to serve as Myles Garretts pass rush partner and kick Emmanuel Ogbah inside to DT next to Larry Ogunjobi

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heard some rumblings of the Browns parting ways with Jamie Collins if hes unwilling to restructure and looking to target Anthony Barr as his replacement.

Would also not be surprised if Justin Houston is on their radar as the Cheifs trade partner given the John Dorsey connections to serve as Myles Garretts pass rush partner and kick Emmanuel Ogbah inside to DT next to Larry Ogunjobi

I wouldn't mind bringing Collins to MN if he's released. He'd probably be a cheaper alternative for MN.

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn't mind bringing Collins to MN if he's released. He'd probably be a cheaper alternative for MN.

Hes not bad, hes just not worth the 50+ mill contract hes currently getting. Hes a complimentary piece at this point, not a focal point you aggressively go after.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes not bad, hes just not worth the 50+ mill contract hes currently getting. Hes a complimentary piece at this point, not a focal point you aggressively go after.

I think Vikes fans would say the same in regards to Barr.

Got a few in mind.

- The Texans are about to make Trent Brown one of the highest paid Ts in the game. I'm not exactly on board with throwing money around like that, and we seemingly dodged a bullet last offseason during the Nate Solder/Andrew Norwell bidding process - but it's the most glaring need in the entire league, a LT to protect an up-and-coming QB with an injury history. I don't know how it pans out - but either Brown, Andre Dillard or Jawaan Taylor is the starting LT for the Texans next season.

- Jadevion Clowney should be tagged - he's shown enough to where you want to keep him and see if his progression continues down this path, but you don't want to give him long term money until you can see consistency from him every week, while ensure health. Trading him while tagged is rare, but it's on the table.

- Tyrann Mathieu and Kareem Jackson are both up for new deals. Jackson has been healthier and was a revelation at S, and has always been stout in playing the slot CB role. Mathieu has the bigger name, bigger resume, is younger, is a clear team leader and mentor - but he's also got injuries to consider. Gun to my head, I think Mathieu is the better option of the two (but would want to keep both).

- Kevin Johnson will be cut, unless he can't pass a physical. (Which is always a potential issue with him). Sharice Wright is gone. Kayvon Webster will be gone, I think. Jonathan Joseph will be back, but he's about 3-4 years past his expiration date. Aaron Colvin will get a shot to work himself back into the lineup. If T is addressed via Brown, then the 23rd pick is no doubt going to be DeAndre Baker or Byron Murphy. In the meantime, Texans will be ready to buy; Courtney Roby, Ronald Darby, Darqueze Dennard and Jason Verrett are all "buy low" candidates, guys who can be bargain buys. One related prediction - if the Texans get Brown, Mathieu and the situation with Clowney is addressed with the franchise tag, the Texans will work out a trade for Patrick Peterson. It won't be cheap, but the Texans have ammo. 

- Depending on when you ask, RB D'Onta Foreman is progressing along nicely and will take on a bigger role for this team... or he's behind schedule, isn't in football shape and is drawing the ire of Bill O'Brien for both. This is the wildcard in the RB meeting room, where Foreman is the guy you're hoping turns into your own bellcow. However, you'll have to find some other bodies, as Foreman is a lottery ticket at best and Lamar Miller has been out of position on this team since he joined the team. The media quickly made a "Lev Bell to the Texans" statement, but the more prudent choices would be Tevin Coleman or Mark Ingram. Ingram is the sexier name, Coleman might be the better fit. 

- WR is a crapshoot, as you have guys who get hurt once you get past DeAndre Hopkins on the depth chart. There's a very specific skill set needed for WRs not named Hopkins, and that is speed. A guy who would be willing to split time with Will Fuller/Keke Coutee is needed. Tyrell Williams would be the perfect add to the team in this role, but I'd also put John Brown as s very realistic option. 

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

- The Texans are about to make Trent Brown one of the highest paid Ts in the game. I'm not exactly on board with throwing money around like that, and we seemingly dodged a bullet last offseason during the Nate Solder/Andrew Norwell bidding process - but it's the most glaring need in the entire league, a LT to protect an up-and-coming QB with an injury history. I don't know how it pans out - but either Brown, Andre Dillard or Jawaan Taylor is the starting LT for the Texans next season. 

I'd have a lot more confidence in Trent Brown over Solder. Any FA leaving NE, especially on the O-Line you can almost guarantee will decline. Scarnecchia will always get more out of his O-Line than anyone else can.

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

I'd have a lot more confidence in Trent Brown over Solder. Any FA leaving NE, especially on the O-Line you can almost guarantee will decline. Scarnecchia will always get more out of his O-Line than anyone else can.

Yeah, I'm expecting Brown to regress from what he did last season, but that's still much better than Julie'n Davenport or Martinas Rankin. With the cap space available, no other glaring need and a franchise QB on a rookie deal, you can spend more over the next 2+ years. 

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I'm expecting Brown to regress from what he did last season, but that's still much better than Julie'n Davenport or Martinas Rankin. With the cap space available, no other glaring need and a franchise QB on a rookie deal, you can spend more over the next 2+ years. 

I wouldn't expect him to regress. I don't think people are aware of how good of a pass blocking right tackle he was with the niners. Last year really wasn't an isolated season anything. He was very good with the niners, just played for a crap team. His biggest issues are injuries (gets a lot of nagging ones), and he is not a good run blocker. But he's always been a very good pass blocker

47 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I hope we resign Cordarrelle Patterson. He's the best kickoff returner in the game and had several 40+ yard touchdowns. I'd pay $4.5M or whatever it is for that.

Still pissed we let him go. Is such a good player yet get's passed around for some reason.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Still pissed we let him go. Is such a good player yet get's passed around for some reason.

I heard it is because he really struggles to learn and NFL playbook to put it nicely.

Just now, BZski said:

I heard it is because he really struggles to learn and NFL playbook to put it nicely.

That is the word on the street. Still though, he is so valuable on ST and even if he is limited, he can score based on pure special ability alone. 

Archived