FA predictions for your team

BZski

7 hours ago, BZski said:

What do you think about losing Barr? Also you think you will get a 2nd for Waynes? Idk about that. I hope Barr is a Lion come FA tho.

Barr wants to be paid as a top edge rusher when he's never been asked to do it. When Barr blitzes, it's most often in the A gap. His value is around $10 million per year, similar to what Eric Kendricks got. I don't think MN can afford to meet Barr's demands, he's simply not worth it. He doesn't make nearly enough splash plays to warrant a significant extension. 

As for Waynes, he's a good starter and still young at the position. CB is becoming more of a premium position. I think any team in the middle to late second round is going to have difficulty finding a CB as good as Waynes. Teams really need 3 good CBs in today's NFL.

The Vikes are too deep at CB so I'd expect them to move Waynes, or possibly Rhodes.

23 hours ago, BZski said:

He is better than everyone of those players in the slot.

Adam Humphries is NOT better than Mike Evans in the slot lmao. And this is coming from a man who said he'd take a dive at Evan's ACL if given the chance lol

@bucsfan333 I can't believe you let that slide lol.

edit: also, here's this. 

18 minutes ago, atown703 said:

I would love for us to go after Trey Flowers but knowing our FO, we won't sign any FAs until the last day of free agency

It largely depends which franchise is ready to overpay for Flowers. 

Raiders:

• We're already reported to look at Tyrell Williams hard.
  • It's reported we are expressing a lot of interest in Leveon Bell
  • We're one of the top 3 teams in for Antonio Brown
  • We obviously need a DE in the worst way possible, so any semi-capable vet will be an option

On 3/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, SBLIII said:

We'll lose Trent Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson/Chris Hogan/Philip Dorsett, Malcom Brown, Danny Shelton and Trey Flowers. 

We'll re-sign Gostkowski, Allen, Simon and likely put a 2nd round tender on Jonathan Jones.

We won't sign anyone that could offset our 2020 compensation draft picks, so,

OT Cameron Fleming

RB Corey Grant

WR Chris Conley

DL Mike Pennel/margus Hunt

Corey Grant in a NE uniform would kill me but he would do great things with proper scheming and a slight uptick in usage

I think the Cowboys have a chance to end up being the single highest spending team in the NFL this offseason in terms of total cash, but it'll go pretty much exclusively to their own players. There's no other team in the league that's facing the prospect of market-level extensions for a QB, DE, WR, and CB- literally the four highest paid position- as well as an All-Pro RB, Pro Bowl-caliber LB, starting RT, and a litany of other depth pieces. We're not going to be able to keep all of them, but from what I've seen of how this team operates under Stephen Jones, I think it's far more likely that we pay what it costs to keep as many of them as possible and pass on making any meaningful signings elsewhere than the inverse.

In other words, I don't see us getting in the mix for Earl, Collins, Suh, Ansah, or any other big money outside free agent. I would be mildly surprised if we spent more than $10M guaranteed on other teams' players, to be honest. But we'll still be way up there in terms of total spending due to what it'll cost to re-sign Dak, Amari, Zeke, D-Law, and Jones

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I think the Cowboys have a chance to end up being the single highest spending team in the NFL this offseason in terms of total cash, but it'll go pretty much exclusively to their own players. There's no other team in the league that's facing the prospect of market-level extensions for a QB, DE, WR, and CB- literally the four highest paid position- as well as an All-Pro RB, Pro Bowl-caliber LB, starting RT, and a litany of other depth pieces. We're not going to be able to keep all of them, but from what I've seen of how this team operates under Stephen Jones, I think it's far more likely that we pay what it costs to keep as many of them as possible and pass on making any meaningful signings elsewhere than the inverse.

In other words, I don't see us getting in the mix for Earl, Collins, Suh, Ansah, or any other big money outside free agent. I would be mildly surprised if we spent more than $10M guaranteed on other teams' players, to be honest. But we'll still be way up there in terms of total spending due to what it'll cost to re-sign Dak, Amari, Zeke, D-Law, and Jones

Please don't resign him so the Browns can have him. Thank you. 

49ers: 

I suspect that they will go out and re-sign Mostert and Mike Person, though both will hit the market. Supposedly they are open to Jimmie Ward coming back, but they are going to let him hit the market. If he can get something more than a mediocre one year prove it deal, I think they are out of that. 

As for other free agents? 

With the Mayhew connection, I suspect that we will be in a bit on Ziggy. Probably a 1 or 2 year deal type situation. 

I expect us to go hard after ET. Obviously there's the Dallas connection, but they simply can't match up monetarily with what the 49ers can give him, so I think there's a solid chance there. If we miss out on him, I could see Joyner or HaHa being the fall back options. 

I also would expect us to be in on the free agent linebacker market. Maybe Moseley if he's not tagged, but guys like Hicks and Alexander would be possibilities. 

Archived