FA predictions for your team

BZski

Rams will keep most of the RFAs.

Mark Barron will be cut. News just broke that we did not pick up Sullivan's option.

Rams will sit back and see what happens with Fowler, Saffold, Suh, and Joyner.

No interest in bringing Joyner back - whoever signs him will overpay. I think they will make a low offer to Suh and tell him he can take it or leave it.

Saffold and Fowler will be the priorities - Saffold has been a part of many bad Rams teams and has said that he wants to stay and would for a hometown discount. If I had to guess, the most likely thing is that they re-sign Saffold for around $10 million and everyone else walks. That would leave the Rams with about $20 million to spend (after factoring in the money needed for RFAs and draft picks) - with holes at OLB/ILB/S/DT/C - the Rams have some guys from last years draft that could possibly fill in at ILB/OLB/DT/C, and could bring in a cheap safety from FA.

I would imagine the goal will be to not mess with the compensatory picks for next year with Fowler, Suh and Joyner all netting 3rd or 4th round picks - so the goal will be to sign a cheap S in FA, and then explore the trade market again. I wouldn't be shocked if they went after either Justin Houston or Dee Ford - and then utilized the first round pick on either a DL or ILB.

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You realize the Patriots traded him to the Browns 2 years ago because they didn't want him anymore lol

the patriots did not want him at 12 mill a year. They would have loved to keep him at 7-8mill. 

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What's your cap space like this year?

Pretty sure we're still near the top of the league in terms of available cap space, and we'll have even more room if we cut Jamie Collins like many Browns fans expect. But I also think we're unlikely to make too many big time signings. If someone like Lawrence or Clark had been available, I could have seen Dorsey going for one of them. Justin Houston makes sense if he comes for the right price or on a short-term deal, but other than that, I expect us to make mainly smaller signings to address depth. And hopefully start using our cap space to extend our own guys like Schobert, Randall, etc.

Honestly, if we could sign Gostkowski, Houston to a reasonable deal, and add some depth, then I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

How is Lamar Miller still on your roster at like 6 million? 

He has his moments - broke the Titans defense on a 97 yard TD, nearly broke 1,000 yards this past season - but the team is in a dire need of an upgrade.

The expectation was that Miller would take on a 3rd down role while RB D'onta Foreman took on the lead back role, but that was torpedoed when Foreman blew out his ankle his rookie season. This season was basically an IR/rehab season for Foreman, and Miller took on lead back duties again. 

Miller will stick this season while Foreman takes on more, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans draft a guy or pick up a guy (Tevin Coleman or Mark Ingram, I think) to take on the lead back role.

Jets will be busy... here's a few of the guys we've been linked to so far:

Le'Veon Bell

Tevin Coleman

Bryce Callahan

Rodger Saffold

Matt Paradis

Dante Fowler

Preston Smith

Donte Moncrief

Cole Beasley

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

45 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Jets will be busy... here's a few of the guys we've been linked to so far:

Le'Veon Bell

Tevin Coleman

Bryce Callahan

Rodger Saffold

Matt Paradis

Dante Fowler

Preston Smith

Donte Moncrief

Cole Beasley

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Definitely a great way to build your team.

Archived