Report: Todd Gurley has arthritis in knee

pwny

I have a question.....

It's obvious he's been hurt since the last 3-4 games of the season and the playoffs however, the Rams denied reports and never listed him on the injury reports in the playoffs.

Wouldn't they have to disclose he was dealing with knee issues?

25 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I have a question.....

It's obvious he's been hurt since the last 3-4 games of the season and the playoffs however, the Rams denied reports and never listed him on the injury reports in the playoffs.

Yep. 

27 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I have a question.....

1st round pick docked for each failure and a $1M fine sounds about right.

If he let's inflammation go down, I could see him having a similar season to last year, starts hot, goes cold later on as the inflammation builds up. 

NSAIDs which treat the pain are also bad for bones healing, and some of the other meds you take with high dose steroids are also bad for the bones. 

He maybe be done in a couple of years.

Sad.

RBs get such a raw deal in this league.    Its the only position where I don't like the rookie wage scale.   I dont think players should get huge money before they prove anything, but RBs have a better chance to produce immediately than other positions, and by the end of their rookie deals, they are between 24-26 with maybe 1000 NFL touches, and they are lucky to get one big contract.

On the flipside, however, I understand why teams are hesitant to give big contracts to RBs.   Hell, even I dont want my team to do it....at least not monster contracts.     

At the very least, Gurley got big money for what he accomplished.      It sucks for the Rams, but he deserved to make some big money.   

Everybody was wondering what was wrong with him and why he wasn't used more in the playoffs, but none of the speculation I heard was this bad. You have to feel for the guy. My guess is that he was already feeling the effects late in the season (despite McVay insisting there was nothing wrong with him and leaving him off the injury list). He might benefit if they bring in another good RB he can split touches with, similar to what Tennessee did with Murray and Henry. But in any event I can't see his career lasting much longer.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So if its degenerative maybe they should have given him the ball more in the SB?

Not if the knee is very inflamed. 

Of the knee was inflamed, the muscles around it go slack, reducing the strength of the muscles around the joint. Making him less explosive and the joint less stable. 

The opposite occurs with your back, when it is sprained or inflamed the body makes the muscles tight. 

5 hours ago, pwny said:

Ask Washington fans if they feel less dejected because they spent a boatload of money on a QB who had a freak injury that might be career ending. 

Alex Smith? I mean, can I ask those same fans to hypothetically compare the situation to it being a running back that they spent money on? I guess I should have clarified that I wouldn't be as ticked at the front office for the decision making.

8 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Yeah, it's like this place is an open forum or something..

My apologies for expecting intelligent posting instead of takes like "the Rams are done cause Goff is a bust," "worst contract ever," "never pay a HB," "Gurley will be done by 27," etc.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My apologies for expecting intelligent posting instead of takes like "the Rams are done cause Goff is a bust," "worst contract ever," "never pay a HB," "Gurley will be done by 27," etc.

no need to apologize, just quit whining about it. lol

Archived