Report: Todd Gurley has arthritis in knee

pwny

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

no need to apologize, just quit whining about it. lol

Well, it is disappointing seeing a board that used to have a lot of intelligent football minds descend into the sort of idiocy we see in the TV sports commentary. Thankfully, a few people in this thread actually posted well-reasoned takes. Regardless, I will continue to complain about it. The intelligent football posts have largely been overtaken by stupid hot takes in NFL Gen, NFL News, and NFL Comparisons. It's not a good thing.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

My apologies for expecting intelligent posting instead of takes like "the Rams are done cause Goff is a bust," "worst contract ever," "never pay a HB," "Gurley will be done by 27," etc.

Who said anything about Goff?

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Well, it is disappointing seeing a board that used to have a lot of intelligent football minds descend into the sort of idiocy we see in the TV sports commentary. Thankfully, a few people in this thread actually posted well-reasoned takes. Regardless, I will continue to complain about it. The intelligent football posts have largely been overtaken by stupid hot takes in NFL Gen, NFL News, and NFL Comparisons. It's not a good thing.

Jrry I checked the film and I don't think there's any overreactions in this thread. Check out this from the Week 3: pretty clear signs of knee damage.

TwQm8qE.png

If this is true it would be extremely disappointing as a Rams fan and I'd feel really bad for Gurley. Whatever he's dealing with I expect him to respond as well as he can. 

I think the wrong stance from this is you shouldn't pay RBs. This would be a freak injury. Our O is not as good without Gurley. Zeke should make a similar contract as he's one of the best offensive players in the league. 

@jrry32

Arthritis is chronic. This injury seemed more related to the Cardinals game and the aftermath. He seemed to acutely worsen after that. I don't buy this report.

It's not intrinsically related to flexibility and gurley seemed to be on his bike trying to stay warm. I don't buy this report at all.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

@jrry32

Arthritis is chronic. This injury seemed more related to the Cardinals game and the aftermath. He seemed to acutely worsen after that. I don't buy this report.

It's not intrinsically related to flexibility and gurley seemed to be on his bike trying to stay warm. I don't buy this report at all.

I have no idea if the report is true. I've heard multiple explanations from reputable people. It seems to me that the Rams have stayed tight-lipped about it, and people are trying to fill in the gaps. Regardless, the Rams have already said they're going to reduce Gurley's workload to try and keep him fresh for the playoffs, so nothing really changes based on how I expect the off-season to go. I expect us to retain CJA or go out and get a legitimate 1B HB. If Gurley does have arthritis, it'll shorten his career, but his career isn't ending tomorrow or even after next year.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I have no idea if the report is true. I've heard multiple explanations from reputable people. It seems to me that the Rams have stayed tight-lipped about it, and people are trying to fill in the gaps. Regardless, the Rams have already said they're going to reduce Gurley's workload to try and keep him fresh for the playoffs, so nothing really changes based on how I expect the off-season to go. I expect us to retain CJA or go out and get a legitimate 1B HB. If Gurley does have arthritis, it'll shorten his career, but his career isn't ending tomorrow or even after next year.

He had a large workload with no problems until the injury. Again I highly doubt it's arthritis. I think it could have been related to an injury. Residual inflammation and stiffness coming off a knee sprain of some sort would cause hesitance and reduce athletic performance.

Sounds like a BS excuse to deflect from the real reason he was limited. The injury suffered towards the end of the season.

I'm sure he does have arthritis  like 100s of NFL players. To the point he would be a non factor(not utilized properly) in the two biggest games in his career? Sorry not buying it one bit. At least not for that reason anyways!!

34 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sounds like a BS excuse to deflect from the real reason he was limited. The injury suffered towards the end of the season.

I'm sure he does have arthritis  like 100s of NFL players. To the point he would be a non factor(not utilized properly) in the two biggest games in his career? Sorry not buying it one bit. At least not for that reason anyways!!

I'd be surprised if this is even true.

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I would think that almost all football players have arthritis. 

During their careers? I don't know how they would last a full season with debilitating arthritis. It makes it painful to walk, let alone run at full speed and collide with people.

Archived