Report: Todd Gurley has arthritis in knee

pwny

On 3/2/2019 at 12:02 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Sad.

RBs get such a raw deal in this league.    Its the only position where I don't like the rookie wage scale.   I dont think players should get huge money before they prove anything, but RBs have a better chance to produce immediately than other positions, and by the end of their rookie deals, they are between 24-26 with maybe 1000 NFL touches, and they are lucky to get one big contract.

On the flipside, however, I understand why teams are hesitant to give big contracts to RBs.   Hell, even I dont want my team to do it....at least not monster contracts.     

At the very least, Gurley got big money for what he accomplished.      It sucks for the Rams, but he deserved to make some big money.   

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t know what the remedy is though. I don’t want teams getting hosed on rookie deals and I don’t want RB’s statistically short careers being cash poor either. There are of course the outliers that have long successful careers but it’s the exception and not the rule. 

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

During their careers? I don't know how they would last a full season with debilitating arthritis. It makes it painful to walk, let alone run at full speed and collide with people.

Where did it say Gurley had "debilitating arthritis"? He like most NFL players especially those who have suffered major injury, has arthritis. Not really a surprise really other then it being used as a crutch for McVay's lack of use of him.

9 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t know what the remedy is though. I don’t want teams getting hosed on rookie deals and I don’t want RB’s statistically short careers being cash poor either. There are of course the outliers that have long successful careers but it’s the exception and not the rule. 

Yeah it’s not a good situation. If I draft an rb in the first I am damn sure going to get my usage out of him while I have him on his rookie deal.  Then I probably don’t want to resign him regardless of production due to that usage and available cheap replacements.  

And, if he hasnt been used that much on his rookie deal, like Tevin Coleman or Jerrick McKinnon, why pay big money for someone who may not be able to handle the workload? 

Archived