The direction of the Broncos in the near future.

BroncoSojia

Denver's been the model of consistency for an NFL franchise since the 80s. They will figure it out. It's not often that you see them have a season below .500. A lot of different directions they can go, but I think they can forgo drafting a QB this year and maybe save up to trade up for Tua next year (if he comes out) or something (easier said then done and it'll probably cost them a lot).

On 2019-03-20 at 4:16 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Well yeah, that goes back to my post about being stuck in the middle which is a big reason why they keep filling in QB with vets. A big part of their QB issue since Peyton is outside of last year (Mayfield/Darlond gone) they haven't been in the position to draft a top tier QB prospect without selling the farm to move up. Hell, the last time they were in position to draft a top tier QB prospect since 2018 was 2006 with Cutler.

It's difficult to find your QB when constantly drafting in 15-30 every year. Which is why this year with them sitting at #10 is when I would think they would make the move for Haskins/Lock.

If not, Flacco could be good enough to have you drafting outside the top 15 again and your back in the same boat of needing a QBOTF but having to either settle for 2nd tier prospects or punting a entire draft to trade up top 5.

It's a weird position but eventually they need to strike and quit settling for those 2nd/3rd tier QB prospects hoping they can catch lightning in a bottle.

Broncos should of drafted Rosen. I know he had trash season last year but I still think he has ability to be top 10 QB in this league. Similar situation with Goff and Trubisky who were coached from defensive coaches and bad OCs. Put Rosen in a better situation and he'll shine. 

Really shocked Broncos didn't take Allen though because he's the exact type of QB Elway would want but Paxton Lynch probably scared him away of taking Allen. Not high on Allen but he had an alright year and he has chance to be above average QB which I didn't expect from draft 

26 minutes ago, Tex said:

Denver's been the model of consistency for an NFL franchise since the 80s. They will figure it out. It's not often that you see them have a season below .500. A lot of different directions they can go, but I think they can forgo drafting a QB this year and maybe save up to trade up for Tua next year (if he comes out) or something (easier said then done and it'll probably cost them a lot).

They better hope the team with #1 pick doesn't have young QB and even then that team could still take Tua just like Cardinals most likely taking Murray 

17 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

They better hope the team with #1 pick doesn't have young QB and even then that team could still take Tua just like Cardinals most likely taking Murray 

Fans keeps saying “wait until next year” to draft a QB, not realizing there are other teams (with probably worse records) that are thinking the same thing. Will the Broncos be worse than the Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, (if they don’t take anyone this year) Redskins, or Raiders next year? If not, what would it cost to move up and get one of the marquee QBs? Would teams even be willing to move down instead of taking one themselves?

IMO, we need to take one of Haskins or Lock this year.

24 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Fans keeps saying “wait until next year” to draft a QB, not realizing there are other teams (with probably worse records) that are thinking the same thing. Will the Broncos be worse than the Titans, Bucs, Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, (if they don’t take anyone this year) Redskins, or Raiders next year? If not, what would it cost to move up and get one of the marquee QBs? Would teams even be willing to move down instead of taking one themselves?

IMO, we need to take one of Haskins or Lock this year.

I'm not high on Lock and before getting Flacco, heavy rumors that the Broncos were going to draft Lock so its still a possibility. If Haskins is there then the Broncos should def take him but doesn't look likely Broncos gonna draft QB in 1st Rd and going wait and see how Flacco performs which is a bad idea

I actually kinda liked what the Broncos did. Their defense was still pretty good last year. Maybe Flacco can move the ball better than Keenum did last year. The only issue is the Raiders look to be improved (offensively) so that won’t be 2 gimme games anymore. Obviously if they miss the playoffs again they should just clean house and draft a QB.

7 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

That becomes frighteningly obvious when he leaves, I know first hand. 

You had one bad season with QBs who  started a combined zero games in the nfl after that season and then were a perennial Playoff team 

7 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You had one bad season with QBs who  started a combined zero games in the nfl after that season and then were a perennial Playoff team 

"You"? I'm not a particular team, actually. 

But if you insist upon addressing my fan associations, the Colts went from a perennial Super Bowl contender to averaging 8 wins per season since. 8 wins per season, hence the "perpetual mediocrity" comment. 

23 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Elway has also built 2 superbowl teams and has a championship ring as a GM. MJs teams have made the playoffs only twice in 14 years with 0 series wins.

Elway got Peyton Manning. If MJ got Kevin Durant, he too would be in the finals. 

Archived