Will Norm Van Brocklin's single game passing record be broken?

PFM18

And then two weeks later or so he wasn't even the starter lol. Flipping splits time all year mostly with HOFer Waterfield iirc and they both make the pro bowl.

What a time to be alive. I've seen a game from that season when they split I think. I remember Fears went for a ton. Fun stuff. Also Vitamin is a cool *** nickname.

On 8/27/2017 at 8:32 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I definitely think its possible. 20 times the 500 mark has been reached and the closest was Moon/Schaub at 527. 27 yards is 1 pass that isn't just a hail mary. 

It probably takes a few things:

Overtime

A QB playing for a bad enough team with no running game always playing from behind. 

WRs/RBs with some serious YAC ability. 

Or just a bad enough defense that won't let you run out the clock.

On 8/27/2017 at 5:32 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I definitely think its possible. 20 times the 500 mark has been reached and the closest was Moon/Schaub at 527. 27 yards is 1 pass that isn't just a hail mary. 

It probably takes a few things:

Overtime

A QB playing for a bad enough team with no running game always playing from behind. 

WRs/RBs with some serious YAC ability. 

Definitely going to take an overtime game. Would have to be a game where both teams are pretty much scoring at will and matching each other drive for drive as well I would think.

Any kind of lead to where it starts to get too 1 sided, QB either gets pulled, or the team that's way ahead starts playing conservative in an effort to not hurt the other team's feelings by blowing them out too badly. 

So yah, I agree, it CAN be broken, but it's going to take every planet in the solar system lining up with every other galaxy, on the same day they find the cure to cancer, the fountain of youth, and how Twinkies can still be fresh after 8 years O.o

If Tony Romo didn't turn into mistake Romo against the Broncos in 2013 on that final drive where he threw a INT the record would have been broken and owned by him.  Nothing is guaranteed but he had 506 yds passing and at his own 10 or so. I think this record will eventually get broken in the next 5 years with the way offenses are and the running game diminishing. 

Archived