Josh Rosen

Wolzen

26 minutes ago, Wolzen said:

What do you think it would cost to trade for Josh? I loved him out of college and still think he could be special. 

I've still got issues with his build, always have. I don't think he can take the pounding.

2 hours ago, Wolzen said:

What do you think it would cost to trade for Josh? I loved him out of college and still think he could be special. 

If they end up selecting Murray, they'd probably ask for a second rounder being as how this would only be Rosen's sophomore season. My concern with him is his personality. He seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way, and not in a fiery competitor style like Baker Mayfield. And it would certainly be telling, were the Cardinals to give up on him this fast.

People in this forum made you believe Rosen is good.  He isn’t.  I wouldn’t trade anything more than a 4th or 5th rounder for him.  He was clean coming out mechanically, but not much more than an above average arm, a statue in the pocket, and abysmal throwing on the move.  He can be successful, but he’ll need a lot of support to do so (like Mayfield) which doesn’t equate to franchise caliber QB for me.

Seems like the biggest problem Rosen had was that he held onto the ball too long. And, I'm not a qb guru, I just pretend to play on TV, but it seems like any QBs problem is getting rid of the ball quickly. This is why I'd prefer Haskins but have come to the notion that he's probably destined for the Giants.

Just now, Counselor said:

No

Then whats the suggestion?

Sorry, but the Broncos need to find their guy and go and get him. The reason we/they are in this mess is because they try to patchwork the QB position dating all the way back to Kyle Orton.

Why not say forget Riepen or Grier and make a trade into the top 5 for Dwayne Haskins and put your nuts on the table. Essentially what the Eagles did with Wentz.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sorry, but the Broncos need to find their guy and go and get him. The reason we/they are in this mess is because they try to patchwork the QB position dating all the way back to Kyle Orton.

Why not say forget Riepen or Grier and make a trade into the top 5 for Dwayne Haskins and put your nuts on the table. Essentially what the Eagles did with Wentz.

I’m a huge Haskins fan. I’m fine with that. I just don’t see Elway doing it. 

Just now, Counselor said:

I’m a huge Haskins fan. I’m fine with that. I just don’t see Elway doing it. 

I hope they do, going back to my post in the GB thread. They never pick at the top of the draft to grab a top tier talent. THey have always either been deciding between the 3rd-5th ranked B prospect or a FA veteran. Like the Eagles, if you want to push forward you need to make a move. Haskins is that move or else we are doomed for another 5-6 win season with Joe FLacco and no future in sight because of another mid-late round developmental prospect being on the roster like Siemian/Kelly.

Eventually enough has to be enough and go make the move.

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I agree with getting Lock at ten.  We may be lucky enough to have a qb fall to us and I don't think we will be in the top ten picking for a while moving forward in the coming drafts.  We need to resolve qb (at least attempt to for the upteenth time).  In my mind Flacco can end up worse than Keenum if we don't get him a good line and there are a lot of holes in our line.

PS with regard to Rosen my son is a football junkie and told me when he interviewed with us last year it went very poorly.  No one on our staff liked him at all.  I would look at him though, even for my second favourite team (God I hate saying it - the Lions).  I even heard the Pats were interested in Rosen.  I sure hope that doesn't happen - just what the Pats need.  Will be interesting though and if the Jags sign Foles a qb falls to us but I see a trade up for Lock and I can see Mr. Desperate for qb (Elway) jumping up.  I think he is laying low trying to make everyone think we r settled at qb..............man it pains me to type that "settled at qb" bcuz there is JUST NO WAY THATS THE CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

So if you weigh the cost of getting Rosen (#41 & 2020 2nd ??) versus what it would cost us to move to get Haskins (#10, #41 & 2020 1st ) or what it would cost us to move up next year for a QB (???), Rosen looks like the best option IF we can get him for that cheap. I wouldn't give up #10 for him. 

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

So if you weigh the cost of getting Rosen (#41 & 2020 2nd ??) versus what it would cost us to move to get Haskins (#10, #41 & 2020 1st ) or what it would cost us to move up next year for a QB (???), Rosen looks like the best option IF we can get him for that cheap. I wouldn't give up #10 for him. 

Apparently he was not on Denvers draft board last year (per Ben Allbright), so I doubt that they are looking to trade for him. 

If Elway thinks Haskins is a franchise QB, they trade 10, 41, and 2020 1st up to grab him in a heartbeat. Time will tell.

Archived