Raiders shopping QB Derek Carr?

vike daddy

20 hours ago, N4L said:

Doubtful, Mark Davis traded Kahlil Mack because he literally didnt have the money to pay him. 

Word is that Mark Davis is unwilling to take on more debt. He also has some HUGE relocation payments etc on the horizon 'that he doesnt know where the money is going to come from'. 

Guaranteed money in NFL contracts has to be put into an escrow account the day the contract is signed. Mark Davis has money in an escrow account ear marked for Carr that would then go back to him in the event he is traded. Its not about clearing up cap space, its about shedding salary and getting money back that he paid two years ago

Its an absolute joke how that organization is ran

(in before some raiders fans say 'you have no evidence')

https://www.upi.com/Costly-Las-Vegas-move-could-force-Oakland-Raiders-ownership-change/7911490705371/

https://www.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/davis-in-desperate-gambler-mode/Content?oid=12239076

second link lays it out pretty well, he owes the NFL $378 MILLION over 10 years for the relocation costs.. last season he posted a 41 million dollar profit. That was BEFORE the debt of the new stadium etc 

Oh my God this is like a symphony to my ears. Eat it Raiders fans. All those years of literally killing people and being *******s on top of our #1 rival. That time that Raiders fan wouldn't shake my hand at Arrowhead. This is too perfect.

8 minutes ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Oh my God this is like a symphony to my ears. Eat it Raiders fans. All those years of literally killing people and being *******s on top of our #1 rival. That time that Raiders fan wouldn't shake my hand at Arrowhead. This is too perfect.

Stop trolling. If you're not going to post about the thread, don't post. 

• Like 15

20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He won't go for such a low number. Us fans over-value draft picks and NFL teams over-value QBs.

He will go for nothing less than first round value.

As a Saints fan, if Brees retires after this season giving up a late 1st round pick in next years draft for Carr would be a no brainer.  Also I think it would be hard to find a team that can offer 1st round value outside of teams that have QBs already, unless said QB is about to retire, as Carr isn't worth a top 15 pick which is where most of the teams needing a QB will be picking at.

2 hours ago, Raves said:

As a Saints fan, if Brees retires after this season giving up a late 1st round pick in next years draft for Carr would be a no brainer.  Also I think it would be hard to find a team that can offer 1st round value outside of teams that have QBs already, unless said QB is about to retire, as Carr isn't worth a top 15 pick which is where most of the teams needing a QB will be picking at.

Yep. The Saints, Patriots, and Chargers are the dark horse candidates due to aging QBs who could retire at any point. But there's no way they'd trade him to the Chargers.

How many times has this rumor come up? I have no doubt that Gruden would trade Carr if offered an RGIII type deal. I also don’t think anyone is going to offer up RGIII compensation. I don’t see any legitimate offer that would be high enough for the Raiders to take. Outside of the one really good year Carr flashed, you’re not getting a huge upgrade over Nick Foles who doesn’t cost draft picks. 

• 4 months later...