Raiders shopping QB Derek Carr?

vike daddy

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Uhh, real source please? 

Bleacher Report actually has network affiliation now so they're not quite the "fan-writing only" site they once were, kind of like when PFT went from Florio just prognosticating to having an association with NBC Sports.

Despite how fake his name sounds, this Tesfatsion dude is Twitter confirmed (https://twitter.com/MasterTes) as one of BR's senior reporters and had past journalism experience with the Washington Post.  So this isn't quite on the level with JD Forbes throwing poo at the wall and hoping something sticks.  The guy has, at minimum, a source at the combine who keyed him in on this - whether that person was blowing smoke or not is entirely a different proposition.  But I don't think we can just automatically dismiss it as being not a "real source."

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

so why would they want AB if they are trying to get rid of their QB? want to pair AB with a rookie instead?

Typical Gruden - and I don't mean this in the irresponsible, playing fantasy GM on Madden Gruden, but rather that he seems to at least recognize what one of his weaknesses in Tampa was... that he couldn't actually build a defense and the unit that he had aged out and went to hell once Monte Kiffin left to go join his son at USC (my how those days have passed...).  So maybe they're looking at this as, "free up $20M against the cap" so that they can build their defense through free agency.

Just spitballing here, but they pretty clearly don't want to arrive in Vegas and that new stadium with a team that's still mid-rebuild.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Just spitballing here, but they pretty clearly don't want to arrive in Vegas and that new stadium with a team that's still mid-rebuild.

I think there is some merit to this. The billboard for the las Vegas raiders is Gruden, and that's kind of unacceptable for a new location and all that. I think it's maybe even made a little worse given that Gruden is often made fun of and not always taken seriously. 

Murray and AB instantly give the team two faces of the franchise for Vegas fans to be excited about

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think there is some merit to this. The billboard for the las Vegas raiders is Gruden, and that's kind of unacceptable for a new location and all that. I think it's maybe even made a little worse given that Gruden is often made fun of and not always taken seriously. 

Murray and AB instantly give the team two faces of the franchise for Vegas fans to be excited about

Yeah... no

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Bleacher Report actually has network affiliation now so they're not quite the "fan-writing only" site they once were, kind of like when PFT went from Florio just prognosticating to having an association with NBC Sports.

Despite how fake his name sounds, this Tesfatsion dude is Twitter confirmed (https://twitter.com/MasterTes) as one of BR's senior reporters and had past journalism experience with the Washington Post.  So this isn't quite on the level with JD Forbes throwing poo at the wall and hoping something sticks.  The guy has, at minimum, a source at the combine who keyed him in on this - whether that person was blowing smoke or not is entirely a different proposition.  But I don't think we can just automatically dismiss it as being not a "real source."

This would be some scoop from a near no-name guy considering this hasn't been floated by anyone else. Don't you think this would be making headlines if it was true?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Not everyone thinks like you. Sorry man. If it happens it happens. I think it would be silly, but I think a lot of moves that get made are silly

I mean, you're insinuating it's for marketing purposes. After seeing Gruden make trades last year, quite frankly, I don't think he gives a **** what the fans want/think.