Maxmw22's Mock Offseason

Maxmw22

My mock drafts are usually more of a prediction of what I think is going to happen rather than what I want to happen.  Some picks will obviously represent guys that I might be fans of, but for the most part, I try to be objective.

For my figures and projections of salary, I try and pull my numbers from spotrac.com

Top 51 Roster + Dead Money + Draft Pick Money = $119,600,000

Adjusted Salary Cap (with Rollover) = $196,900,000

Cap Space = $77,300,000

After looking at the roster, most of them would not as qualified as being top 51 on the roster, those that would be, are noted below

Cuts from the top 51

RB Chris Ivory (2.1 mil)

OL Valdimir Ducasse (2.00 mil)

Total Savings = $4,100,000

Current Cap Space = $81,400,000

Resignings:

TE Logan Thomas (1 year, $1 mil) – With only Jason Croom on the roster, we give Logan a year deal that is a slight increase from the $790k he made the previous year

DT Jordan Phillips (3 years, $10 mil) – Phillips did well when he played last year, and with Kyle Williams retiring, we will need a #3 DT to rotate with Star and Harry, the Bills bring back Phillips to compete for that spot. (contract breakdown3,3,4)

Current Cap Space = 77,400,000

Free Agents

RT Daryl Williams (4 years, $36 mil) – The contract is via 247 sports. The Bills elect to keep Dawkins at LT and sign this former Panther. It’s no secret about our HC/GM bringing in former Panthers, and now they sign Williams. This would make him the 3rd highest paid RT in the league, but we can afford it. (contract breakdown, 10, 9, 9, 8)

OG Mike Iupati (3 years, $17 mil) – Iupati might be on the wrong side of 30, but is still a solid player and could provide leadership along a young offensive line. They could slide him next to Dion Dawkins and move Wyatt Teller to RG. This might be a little pricey at this point, but if you are going to overpay for a position, I believe it should be OL (contract breakdown 7,6,4)

CB Darqueze Dennard (4 years, $22 mil) – Overshadowed on a disappointing Bengals defense that lacked leadership or any kind of semblance of a cohesive unit, Dennard didn’t really have a chance to show what he could do on team that seemed to exclusively draft 1st rd CBs. Dennard played decently in Cincinnati, and that is impressive with their defensive dysfunction. He should be a solid #2 in Buffalo. (contract breakdown 6,6,5,5)

WR Randall Cobb (2 years 16 mil) – Contract projection from spotrac, another group I believe that can benefit from a veteran presence, Cobb isn’t what he used to be, but could provide to be a decent #2 with Zay being able to slide into a slot, his versatility to be a threat running the ball opens up our offense as well. (contract breakdown, 10,6)

Cap Space = $44,400,000

DRAFT

Trade –Buffalo trades #9, #131, #228 to Washington for #15, #76, and 2020 2Nd rd pick – Bills trade their 1st, a 4th, and a 7th to move back to 15, pick up a 3rd this year and 2nd next year. Washington is in need for a QB, and wth a projection of only $16 mil in cap space, they will more than likely look to the draft. Without wanting to sell the farm by trading into the top 5, they trade to 9 to jump Denver and Miami without mortgaging the future.

Round 1 (15) via Wash – WR D.K. Metcalf, Ole Miss – More than likely the best WR in the draft, The Bills get a WR with some size (6’4” 225 lbs.) This offense lacks weapons, Metcalf will be a great one to have.

Round 2 (40) – TE Irv Smith Jr., Alabama – After cutting Clay and a lackluster TE class, the Bills need to address the TE position, this could go to any of Noah Fant, Hockenson, or Smith, but I believe Smith will be the 3rd TE off the board, and will be a solid pass catching option

Round 3 (74) – RB Benny Snell, Kentucky – A RB that fits McDermott’s tastes better than LeSean. A power runner first and foremost, he will be a nice compliment and someone we can depend on picking up those tough yards on 3rd down.

Round 3 (76) via Wash – DE Austin Bryant, Clemson – A pass rusher as this could be Jerry Hughes final year as a Buffalo Bill and with the uncertainty of Shaq Lawson’s 5th year option, pass rusher should be a target. Bryant was part of a great DL at Clemson, but seems to be the lowest ranked when compared to Wilkins, Lawrence, and Ferrell.

Round 4 (112) – DT Greg Gaines, Washington – While this might be a little low for some, with the top end DL talent in this draft, I think some middle round guys might fall, and that works out for Buffalo. He’ll be the run stopper that will allow Harry to be more of a penetrator.

Round 5 (147) – RB Darrell Henderson, Memphis – Buffalo doubles up on the RB’s, but take the speedy Henderson this time around. With Shady’s health, we would be wise to get insurance. Snell was the power back, Henderson should be able to be the speed guy who is capable of catching the ball out of the backfield

Round 5 (158) – OG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin – Unimpressive showing at the Senior Bowl will cause his stock to drop, but the Bills will take him to be an eventual swing OG and he has the size to potentially play OT in a pinch (6’6” 309 lbs. with arm length = 33 3/8)

Round 6 (181) – LB Kahlil Hodge, Buffalo – A LB that can play either ILB or OLB, another versatile player who will make the roster as the first OLB sub and maybe ILB sub depending on Stanford.

Round 7 (225) – P Mitch Wishnowsky, Utah – With Bjorquez coming off an injury, the Bills bring in some competition at the P position.

Projected 53 man roster

QB – Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, Derek Anderson

RB – LeSean McCoy, Benny Snell, Darell Henderson, Marcus Murphy

FB – Patrick DiMarco

WR –D.K. Metcalf, Randall Cobb, Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Isiah McKenzie, Ray-Ray McCloud

TE – Irv Smith Jr., Jason Croom, Logan Thomas

OT – Dion Dawkins, Daryl Wiliams, Conor McDermott

OG – Mike Iupati, Wyatt Teller, Beau Benzschawel, Jeremiah Sirles

C – Spencer Long, Russell Bodine

DE – Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Trent Murphy, Austin Bryant

DT – Star Lotulelei, Harrison Phillips, Jordan Phillips, Greg Gaines

LB – Lorenzo Alexander, Tremaine Edmunds, Matt MIlano , Julian Stanford, Kahlil Hodge, Deon Lacy

CB – Tre’Davious White, Darqueze Dennard, Taron Johnson, Ryan Lewis, Levi Wallace

S – Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Rafael Bush, Siran Neal

LS – Reid Ferguson

K – Stephen Hauschka

P – Mitch Wishnowsky

Thank You for reading and I do realize I have a ton of UFA money left, and I can’t really say I have an answer on what to do with it. I hope you enjoyed reading, I tried to keep it realistic and now you can tear it apart. :D

Things I dislike:

- The free agency acquisitions (minus Williams). Iupati and Cobb are both are on the tail end of their careers and would just end up on IR. Dennard wouldn't be too bad of an option, but idk about as a #2 at this point. He would have to come in and battle for that.

- Drafting two RB's. I just don't see that happening. If we do draft one early in let's say the 3rd or even 4th, I think that's as far as we take it and then bring in another guy or two via UDFA. 

Things I Like:

- Trading back. I would take that for sure. While we aren't getting another 1st back for next year, we aren't moving too far back and still picking up a 3rd this year and 2nd next season.

- Going with play makers first two picks. Having Metcalf and pretty much any of the top 3 TE being taken by us would be huge and open up lots of options for Allen.

I too am not a fan of bringing in guys over 30. I understand needing leadership at certain positions but I also think it is time for Dawkins and Zay Jones to take on those roles.

I love the draft, being able to trade back and grab Metcalf would be unreal and likely unrealistic but we can dream right? lol Getting one of the top 3 TE's is a must this draft and Snell is a solid option at RB.

All in all you filled holes and surrounded Allen with more talent then he had last season so I could get on board with this draft.

I can't help but feel like Metcalf falling to 15 is impossible

It's hard to have your cake and eat it too

I think we either get Metcalf (maybe) at 9, or we trade back, get extra assets, and draft an OL in that spot

15 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

My mock drafts are usually more of a prediction of what I think is going to happen rather than what I want to happen.  Some picks will obviously represent guys that I might be fans of, but for the most part, I try to be objective.

For my figures and projections of salary, I try and pull my numbers from spotrac.com

Top 51 Roster + Dead Money + Draft Pick Money = $119,600,000

Adjusted Salary Cap (with Rollover) = $196,900,000

Cap Space = $77,300,000

After looking at the roster, most of them would not as qualified as being top 51 on the roster, those that would be, are noted below

Cuts from the top 51

RB Chris Ivory (2.1 mil)

OL Valdimir Ducasse (2.00 mil)

Total Savings = $4,100,000

Current Cap Space = $81,400,000

Resignings:

TE Logan Thomas (1 year, $1 mil) – With only Jason Croom on the roster, we give Logan a year deal that is a slight increase from the $790k he made the previous year

DT Jordan Phillips (3 years, $10 mil) – Phillips did well when he played last year, and with Kyle Williams retiring, we will need a #3 DT to rotate with Star and Harry, the Bills bring back Phillips to compete for that spot. (contract breakdown3,3,4)

Current Cap Space = 77,400,000

Free Agents

RT Daryl Williams (4 years, $36 mil) – The contract is via 247 sports. The Bills elect to keep Dawkins at LT and sign this former Panther. It’s no secret about our HC/GM bringing in former Panthers, and now they sign Williams. This would make him the 3rd highest paid RT in the league, but we can afford it. (contract breakdown, 10, 9, 9, 8)

OG Mike Iupati (3 years, $17 mil) – Iupati might be on the wrong side of 30, but is still a solid player and could provide leadership along a young offensive line. They could slide him next to Dion Dawkins and move Wyatt Teller to RG. This might be a little pricey at this point, but if you are going to overpay for a position, I believe it should be OL (contract breakdown 7,6,4)

CB Darqueze Dennard (4 years, $22 mil) – Overshadowed on a disappointing Bengals defense that lacked leadership or any kind of semblance of a cohesive unit, Dennard didn’t really have a chance to show what he could do on team that seemed to exclusively draft 1st rd CBs. Dennard played decently in Cincinnati, and that is impressive with their defensive dysfunction. He should be a solid #2 in Buffalo. (contract breakdown 6,6,5,5)

WR Randall Cobb (2 years 16 mil) – Contract projection from spotrac, another group I believe that can benefit from a veteran presence, Cobb isn’t what he used to be, but could provide to be a decent #2 with Zay being able to slide into a slot, his versatility to be a threat running the ball opens up our offense as well. (contract breakdown, 10,6)

Cap Space = $44,400,000

DRAFT

Trade –Buffalo trades #9, #131, #228 to Washington for #15, #76, and 2020 2Nd rd pick – Bills trade their 1st, a 4th, and a 7th to move back to 15, pick up a 3rd this year and 2nd next year. Washington is in need for a QB, and wth a projection of only $16 mil in cap space, they will more than likely look to the draft. Without wanting to sell the farm by trading into the top 5, they trade to 9 to jump Denver and Miami without mortgaging the future.

Round 1 (15) via Wash – WR D.K. Metcalf, Ole Miss – More than likely the best WR in the draft, The Bills get a WR with some size (6’4” 225 lbs.) This offense lacks weapons, Metcalf will be a great one to have.

Round 2 (40) – TE Irv Smith Jr., Alabama – After cutting Clay and a lackluster TE class, the Bills need to address the TE position, this could go to any of Noah Fant, Hockenson, or Smith, but I believe Smith will be the 3rd TE off the board, and will be a solid pass catching option

Round 3 (74) – RB Benny Snell, Kentucky – A RB that fits McDermott’s tastes better than LeSean. A power runner first and foremost, he will be a nice compliment and someone we can depend on picking up those tough yards on 3rd down.

Round 3 (76) via Wash – DE Austin Bryant, Clemson – A pass rusher as this could be Jerry Hughes final year as a Buffalo Bill and with the uncertainty of Shaq Lawson’s 5th year option, pass rusher should be a target. Bryant was part of a great DL at Clemson, but seems to be the lowest ranked when compared to Wilkins, Lawrence, and Ferrell.

Round 4 (112) – DT Greg Gaines, Washington – While this might be a little low for some, with the top end DL talent in this draft, I think some middle round guys might fall, and that works out for Buffalo. He’ll be the run stopper that will allow Harry to be more of a penetrator.

Round 5 (147) – RB Darrell Henderson, Memphis – Buffalo doubles up on the RB’s, but take the speedy Henderson this time around. With Shady’s health, we would be wise to get insurance. Snell was the power back, Henderson should be able to be the speed guy who is capable of catching the ball out of the backfield

Round 5 (158) – OG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin – Unimpressive showing at the Senior Bowl will cause his stock to drop, but the Bills will take him to be an eventual swing OG and he has the size to potentially play OT in a pinch (6’6” 309 lbs. with arm length = 33 3/8)

Round 6 (181) – LB Kahlil Hodge, Buffalo – A LB that can play either ILB or OLB, another versatile player who will make the roster as the first OLB sub and maybe ILB sub depending on Stanford.

Round 7 (225) – P Mitch Wishnowsky, Utah – With Bjorquez coming off an injury, the Bills bring in some competition at the P position.

Projected 53 man roster

QB – Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, Derek Anderson

RB – LeSean McCoy, Benny Snell, Darell Henderson, Marcus Murphy

FB – Patrick DiMarco

WR –D.K. Metcalf, Randall Cobb, Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Isiah McKenzie, Ray-Ray McCloud

TE – Irv Smith Jr., Jason Croom, Logan Thomas

OT – Dion Dawkins, Daryl Wiliams, Conor McDermott

OG – Mike Iupati, Wyatt Teller, Beau Benzschawel, Jeremiah Sirles

C – Spencer Long, Russell Bodine

DE – Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Trent Murphy, Austin Bryant

DT – Star Lotulelei, Harrison Phillips, Jordan Phillips, Greg Gaines

LB – Lorenzo Alexander, Tremaine Edmunds, Matt MIlano , Julian Stanford, Kahlil Hodge, Deon Lacy

CB – Tre’Davious White, Darqueze Dennard, Taron Johnson, Ryan Lewis, Levi Wallace

S – Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Rafael Bush, Siran Neal

LS – Reid Ferguson

K – Stephen Hauschka

P – Mitch Wishnowsky

Thank You for reading and I do realize I have a ton of UFA money left, and I can’t really say I have an answer on what to do with it. I hope you enjoyed reading, I tried to keep it realistic and now you can tear it apart. :D

Bills need to find away to spend more of that money and have some holed to fill even after your moves. Iupati may be good for a RG position but for him to come in and expect to be LG im not buying it as he has been injured a ton and over the age of 30 which means he is on the back end of his career with potential injuries moving forward. After the combine Metcalf will not be there whether it is a team like the Jets at 3 who need a top target for Darnold, or a wr needy team like the niners or raiders at 2 and 4, not to mention the possibility of the giants moving on from Odel could be an option at 6 if they dont go qb, also if Jags go foles they may want to add a weapon for him at 7. 

I see that your having washington move up but to get a qb at 9, if Murray is gone at 1 which everyone is thinking and haskins goes at 6 or 7 then this trade will likely be out of it but I do agree trading back if a top prospect is gone to get another 2nd or 3rd pick out of it i am all in on that. 

Archived